Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What a waste.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raisu

02-21-2013

Quote:
Pathogen:
Right. Exactly. BRUISER.

So shes not the promised ADC female that she was apparently meant to be. Might as well make another top laner. Whats that, 5/11 last champs are top laners. Pls tell me more about

Agreed.

For starters, you're limiting yourself too strictly to follow a 'meta' that isn't intended to be followed to the letter. The 'meta' is somewhat a guideline.
  • You don't always see bruisers in top lane (Thats why you see people like Akali, an AP Assassin, etc)
  • You don't always see mages in middle lane (Which is why you see Pantheon / Talon, etc) and so on.
  • Sustain supports aren't always the best supports (look at Leona... Also I've been having some great success at Support Jayce too)
  • Jungle isn't always a bruiser, it isn't always a melee DPSer.
  • Jungle isn't always a champion who ganks lanes every other second.

If following a 'meta' means picking something that causes me to counterpick myself... i'll be damned sure to break the meta to counterpick the enemy instead.

Quote:
namora:
She was never intended to be the typical ADC female that you seem to think she's supposed to be.
~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

/signed

Arc insanity

02-21-2013

this thread went off topic, the thing was riot didn't respond to ANY of the feedback in the feedback thread they made about quinn.

her kit is still clunky and awkward, harrier has a slow, awkward animation and targeting system, vault feels awkward when using it to chase etc.

i feel quinn is a solo top ADC, its like you guys dont even know what an Attack Damage Carry is: a champion that deals the primary dmg for the team threw Attack dmg. this includes champions like (ad) yi, tryndemer, fiora, as well as the ranged adcarries the reason bot lane is in the current form is because all the current ranged ad carries function well with a support. I remember for a while it was 3 solo lanes with a roaming support and a jungler.

it dosnt matter what lane you put Quinn in she is still a ranged ADC, her ultimate is for 1v1 situations were normally a ranged ADC would be at a disadvantage, instead of kiting you can go all murder bird on them.

Wards win games

02-21-2013

Quote:
Arc insanity:
this thread went off topic, the thing was riot didn't respond to ANY of the feedback in the feedback thread they made about quinn.

her kit is still clunky and awkward, harrier has a slow, awkward animation and targeting system, vault feels awkward when using it to chase etc.

i feel quinn is a solo top ADC, its like you guys dont even know what an Attack Damage Carry is: a champion that deals the primary dmg for the team threw Attack dmg. this includes champions like (ad) yi, tryndemer, fiora, as well as the ranged adcarries the reason bot lane is in the current form is because all the current ranged ad carries function well with a support. I remember for a while it was 3 solo lanes with a roaming support and a jungler.

it dosnt matter what lane you put Quinn in she is still a ranged ADC, her ultimate is for 1v1 situations were normally a ranged ADC would be at a disadvantage, instead of kiting you can go all murder bird on them.

Gathering feedback and interactive feedback are two separate things.

Through testing the sheer number of requests or feedback posts are simply to numerous to respond to even a small fraction of the posts. The efforts are better spent fine tuning the champions, than spending 20 minutes explaining their reasoning behind a certain aspects.

Now with all that said, designer AMA's are becoming pretty standard for unique champion kits, Quinn is not an exception in this case. Concerns you want a response on, belong well constructed post in the Ask me Anything they will be hosting for Quinn and Valors reveal (30 minutes from this post).

A general rule of thumb for people: If you're posting on this forum hoping to have a conversation with a red, you're in the wrong place. This is a forum for your voice to be HEARD, not responded to. It may be a nice occurrence on the rare occasion, but it is not general practice, nor should it be IMO; they are hard at work fixing all the cr*p that we manage to break on the PBE.

Arc insanity

02-21-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
Gathering feedback and interactive feedback are two separate things.

Through testing the sheer number of requests or feedback posts are simply to numerous to respond to even a small fraction of the posts. The efforts are better spent fine tuning the champions, than spending 20 minutes explaining their reasoning behind a certain aspects.

Now with all that said, designer AMA's are becoming pretty standard for unique champion kits, Quinn is not an exception in this case. Concerns you want a response on, belong well constructed post in the Ask me Anything they will be hosting for Quinn and Valors reveal (30 minutes from this post).

A general rule of thumb for people: If you're posting on this forum hoping to have a conversation with a red, you're in the wrong place. This is a forum for your voice to be HEARD, not responded to. It may be a nice occurrence on the rare occasion, but it is not general practice, nor should it be IMO; they are hard at work fixing all the cr*p that we manage to break on the PBE.

this isnt about responses from a red post or discussion with riot employees, this is about what a waist it was for riot to create a "feedback for quinn and valor" thread in PBE if they were never planing on changing anything in the first place, and what a waist it was for all the people who wrote and had long discussions in that thread. it is kinda silly that the only red posts in that thread are about the format of the OP, but that is not the main issue.

Creating this thread made people think that perhaps some changes could be made to quinn before she was released, and that community feedback in this thread could have some impact on how Quinn would end up on live.

Normally PBE is just for bug checking and slight balance testing, but this thread was about how we felt about her gameplay and issues we had with it. This thread has Tons of posts and discussions on her gameplay mechanics, her style etc.

The issue is how crappy it feels as a community to be given a thread like this and have no changes at all come from it.

Now i could be completely wrong here and riot is working on fixing a lot of the things discussed in the thread and just had to release quinn in her current form do to time constraints, but we don't know that. From my point of view the feed back thread was just a formality and waist of a lot of people's time.

Wards win games

02-21-2013

Quote:
Arc insanity:
this isnt about responses from a red post or discussion with riot employees, this is about what a waist it was for riot to create a "feedback for quinn and valor" thread in PBE if they were never planing on changing anything in the first place, and what a waist it was for all the people who wrote and had long discussions in that thread. it is kinda silly that the only red posts in that thread are about the format of the OP, but that is not the main issue.

Creating this thread made people think that perhaps some changes could be made to quinn before she was released, and that community feedback in this thread could have some impact on how Quinn would end up on live.

Normally PBE is just for bug checking and slight balance testing, but this thread was about how we felt about her gameplay and issues we had with it. This thread has Tons of posts and discussions on her gameplay mechanics, her style etc.

The issue is how crappy it feels as a community to be given a thread like this and have no changes at all come from it.

Now i could be completely wrong here and riot is working on fixing a lot of the things discussed in the thread and just had to release quinn in her current form do to time constraints, but we don't know that. From my point of view the feed back thread was just a formality and waist of a lot of people's time.

Seeing as she has yet to release to live, how do you know that particular parts of the feedback wasn't taken into account? You are making a blind assumption, souly on the basis that a response has not been made to a direct request.

I have found her animations more responsive at earlier levels (AA animation specifically), since the other day when she was made unavailable, which is one aspect in which a lot of feedback was received.

I mean, and sorry if this has a tone you aren't appreciative of, but no where in the post do they ask "What reworks do you think are necessary for Quinns kit". http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3127630 ------
It asks more specifically for feedback on feelings and execution capabilities within the already in place kit and mechanics.
Them changing the kit shouldn't have even been an expectation, and there's really no way to know what they have or haven't taken under consideration without testing various aspects themselves, ourselves, in game.

Quote:

This statement is why my post was revolving around Riot responses, in no way does "They haven't responded" equate to "Feedback isn't being taken into consideration".

namora

02-21-2013

"Everything is subject to change on the pbe" is not an excuse to expect a change. Every champion released to the live server that I have seen and playtested has been changed based on feedback from the player base here. This includes bugs.

From mobile O_o.

The MechE

02-21-2013

As long as she's viable as an ADC, her R can heal the enemy team for all I care.

She better be a good ADC though.

namora

02-21-2013

Quote:
Naland:
As long as she's viable as an ADC, her R can heal the enemy team for all I care.

She better be a good ADC though.

I hear her first couple of levels can be rough against champions like caitlyn and MF, but I've noticed that she picks up afterwards. You may indeed like her a lot. I personally like champions that can fill multiple roles like she can, as it clears up a lot of issues if there's confusion in champion select.
Lee Sin for multi-role AND multibug finds!

From mobile O_o!

Kontossis

02-21-2013

Honestly, I really wonder why people on the PBE start to think like they are designers, not just play testers. Not only would changing her entire kit around would delay her release, but you pretty much spit on the people who actually work as designers saying that you can do their job better then they can.

Raisu

02-21-2013

My (hopefully) final word on this thread is this:

I've seen champions be revealed with certain details... and then between that reveal and the actual release they were changed in some way. That said, while it is unlikely to happen, it can happen that a champion is altered between reveal and release.