Why do some AD Carries think their job is to focus the enemy AD Carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArcDriveFinish

02-20-2013

Land Echanted Crystal Arrows and focus 1 down right away then it's just kite kite kite kite kite kite. At least that what I do with Ashe.

Rabidwhale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannie View Post
You should never focus the tank nevertheless
Are you saying you shouldn't do any dmg if you can't get into a good position?

Tinithor

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
attack the most vulnerable target without putting yourself out of position

most of the times that is a tank

but occasionally you catch their carry and you win
Pretty much this.

As an ADC you have NO CHOICE but to attack that olaf whos diving you deep even if he's building pure tank. If you try to go into the thick of the teamfight to kill the enemy carry who's way in the back you are just going to die and end up doing way less damage overall.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

ADC's job is to focus who ever you can attack safely without dying.

I mean if your closest target is a tank and their adc is right next to him, of course you attack the adc, but that's rarely the case (unless you are playing with the ashe OP posted about).. so yes, always deal as much damage as you can with the most viable target available to you.

There are TONS (see the first 2 replies to this thread) of people who THINK they know what they are talking about, but in reality have no idea.

CaesarFlickerman

02-20-2013

Again, it wasn't said what the Trist was doing and where she was. Were the bruisers doing their job? From your lack of disclosure, it sounds like the Ashe was trying to pick up some slack. Not calling you bad, but yeah.

Dewtrocity

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarFlickerman View Post
Again, it wasn't said what the Trist was doing and where she was. Were the bruisers doing their job? From your lack of disclosure, it sounds like the Ashe was trying to pick up some slack. Not calling you bad, but yeah.
Trist was in the back of their army like a normal Trist would do with that insane range and Ashe would go right for her and die each fight :/

Ogaflow

02-20-2013

Now I know why low silver/high bronze rating ADCs are so bad. It never made sense to me why they would always step out of position to land a couple of autos onto whoever is carrying on my team and then die costing their team the game.

Perusal

02-20-2013

You don't focus anyone. You try to get away from the people who are on your ass. If no one is on you you win because you destroy their team with pd ie and lw, or they ignore you because you are so weak you're not even worth killing. Btw tanks are easier to kill than you think. As someone who plays tanks/bruisers often, I've always hated to attempt to take on their carry alone because usually the moment I walk away from my team to go to their carry, all of them jump on me and I die immediately since in my elo everyone ALWAYS attacks the most vulnerable target not the most important. Luckily, I always end up winning but it's just annoying and it makes my KDA look bad.

Ogaflow

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingHoLLoW View Post
You don't focus anyone. You try to get away from the people who are on your ass. If no one is on you you win because you destroy their team with pd ie and lw, or they ignore you because you are so weak you're not even worth killing. Btw tanks are easier to kill than you think. As someone who plays tanks/bruisers often, I've always hated to attempt to take on their carry alone because usually the moment I walk away from my team to go to their carry, all of them jump on me and I die immediately since in my elo everyone ALWAYS attacks the most vulnerable target not the most important. Luckily, I always end up winning but it's just annoying and it makes my KDA look bad.
You shouldn't feel bad, you are playing your role correctly. You are initiating for you team and eating as much damage as possible. I bet most of those fights you eat just about every skill on their team by yourself which should set up an easy ace for the rest of your team with all their cooldowns available.

SmokingPuffin

02-20-2013

I'd say it's probably because they got yelled at enough times for "not focusing vayne u stupid noob".

You have to get into at least high silver before people have any clue how an AD carry is supposed to work in teamfights.