Buying a New Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asterinos

02-20-2013

Hello all, I'm in the market for a new support champ, and I have enough for either Sona or Karma, and I'm just curious as to which of those two an ADC would prefer more, as well as supports that have experience with either of them and their preferences to one or the other. And another question I would like to ask is should I buy one of these champs, or should I save up for one of the more expensive supports (Lulu, Thresh, Nami, maybe even Zyra)? I really enjoy playing supports like Leona and Taric, if that helps any.

Hextech Kyubey

02-20-2013

inb4 "who's karma" posts

Lacuna Inc

02-20-2013

As a person that plays support often, many people prefer Sona, Lulu, Leona, and Taric. They all good sources of CC, and you should coordinate with your adc based on what you want your lane to be (sustain/farm lane, kill lane, etc.)

My current favorite supports are Lulu and support Zyra. Both help very well with engages (Lulu speed boost + Lulu ult on jungler, Zyra snare on enemies + ult) and are very much worth their 6300 ip price.

Thresh is actually pretty fun, but he requires some practice. Nami is pretty "okay", but I find that she needs some buffs. The cost of missing her Q is way too costly mana and cdr-wise.

And I wouldn't really consider buying Karma right now. Wait for her rework.

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

go buy morg

Drukyul

02-20-2013

The world of ranged supporting is a bit different than the world of melee stun-and-kill supporting. If I were you, I'd pick a ranged support that has some sort of snare or stun to make the transition.