Tribunal does more bad than good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auricthunder

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Blanket View Post
That's cute, you talk as if you know the entire story. We both reported this player.
Yet you talk as if you know the whole story. How do you know the person you reported wasn't banned?

The fact remains that it takes a pattern of receiving above average reports-per-game in order to even show up in the Tribunal. Just play nice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatdead

Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsefire Vi View Post
So I'm supposed to magically read your mind and know? You told me that player 1 took no punishment. I used the information you gave me.
Or you could just not type anything, and be useful to the discussion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etmas

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
I agree, there should be an option to punish (or at least get them in the tribunal) other players you see in the games that wind up in the cases. Sometimes they're far worse than the reported people.
No.

Because one game doesn't get you in the tribunal.Only people reported in a high % of their games reach tribunal.

One game and one game alone does NOT and should never justify you being punished by the tribunal.

Everyone has a bad game once in a while. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being punished over a single instance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pigroastinya

Senior Member

02-20-2013

The instigator gets punished too. Don't be a jerk, you won't get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreekAsTheGods

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Blanket View Post
This is the most played game in the world currently, so you will get trolls. But the fact that Riot has members of the community punish it's own with suspensions is ridiculous. The Tribunal reviewers don't read the dialouge. They look for purple text and review it off that.


An example from a friends case:
He was level 16 and was an ADC, and played against a Corki who was level 30. Believe it or not Runes/Masteries give a huge advantage in this situation. He went 0/3 or some **** and his team flamed him. And this is just an example:

Player 1: You're an idiot
Friend: You're dumb.

Yet since Player 1 did the report he goes unpunished. Like I said Tribunal reviewers only look at the purple case and it's obvious. Because why would Player 1 go away unharmed? Well he has. The community has no balls, they're offended by people on the Internet. When do people get good by saying "okay go to this site, and listen to my advice" It's rare. Tough love needs to be the deciding factor. I know Riot monitors before giving bans, but warnings and suspensions? Seriously Riot. Police your own game. And this example isn't the first time, this has happened over, and over again. Sure in every instance my friend isn't in the innocent. But a lot are. When we're level 30, and you pick Singed support are we suppose to just be like "oh well it's only my MMR" and laugh it off? No, you get pissed. That's normal. So why is the Tribunal being policed by players instead of staff?
Sirhcez won with Singed support at Diamond level play in SoloQ. Get educated, noob. And quit being friends with people who don't deserve to have friends.

tl;dr Tribunal working as intended.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phyrexia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Why do people always make the assumption that the other players they see acting like jerks in Tribunal cases get off scot free?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

Member

02-20-2013

Rioters have said time and time again they have statistics proving that the Tribunal does far more good than bad, so you're already wrong.

Also, people who spam reports or spam punish/pardon in the tribunal have their voice weakened quite a bit: That way they barely make a difference in an actual case, or don't even get their case sent to the Tribunal if they report too much.

TL;DR You're wrong about the Tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatdead

Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekAsTheGods View Post
Sirhcez won with Singed support at Diamond level play in SoloQ. Get educated, noob. And quit being friends with people who don't deserve to have friends.

tl;dr Tribunal working as intended.

Oh hey another useless reply! We weren't in Diamond, and let's not forget ya know, the person playing Singed support wasn't a pro. And was doing it to troll since somebody else picked top.

Learn to grow a brain, noob.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinister Rumbl3

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Is it really that hard to just ignore people and not saying anything back then move along with reporting them for being a jerk?

I guess it's pretty easy for me sometimes I forget I'm 31.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unicorn Envy

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Never been even warned in my 3000+ games played. It's not hard not to be a dick to people unless you are just a terrible person. If you get banned, I've yet to see one not worth it.