Tribunal does more bad than good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatdead

02-20-2013

This is the most played game in the world currently, so you will get trolls. But the fact that Riot has members of the community punish it's own with suspensions is ridiculous. The Tribunal reviewers don't read the dialouge. They look for purple text and review it off that.

An example from a friends case:
He was level 16 and was an ADC, and played against a Corki who was level 30. Believe it or not Runes/Masteries give a huge advantage in this situation. He went 0/3 or some **** and his team flamed him. And this is just an example:

Player 1: You're an idiot
Friend: You're dumb.

Yet since Player 1 did the report he goes unpunished. Like I said Tribunal reviewers only look at the purple case and it's obvious. Because why would Player 1 go away unharmed? Well he has. The community has no balls, they're offended by people on the Internet. When do people get good by saying "okay go to this site, and listen to my advice" It's rare. Tough love needs to be the deciding factor. I know Riot monitors before giving bans, but warnings and suspensions? Seriously Riot. Police your own game. And this example isn't the first time, this has happened over, and over again. Sure in every instance my friend isn't in the innocent. But a lot are. When we're level 30, and you pick Singed support are we suppose to just be like "oh well it's only my MMR" and laugh it off? No, you get pissed. That's normal. So why is the Tribunal being policed by players instead of staff?

EDIT: This is pointless. Too many trolls, I try to make a statement and all the fanboyism derail this thread. Sorry Riot your fanboys, and Tribunal killed my love for this great game. And I'm sure you at Riot also know the toxicity of your players is going to make this game sink years from now. Sorry boys.

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Blanket View Post
Yet since Player 1 did the report he goes unpunished.
You know, this problem wouldn't happen if...idk...people reported toxic players?

OMG, WHAT AM I THINKING? Advising you use common sense? HOW AWFUL OF ME.

2 lnch Penis

02-20-2013

I just got banned for a week for this type of bull ****. If you do bad in a game + insulting a player it's like an automatic report. Most reports end up in suspensions/bans. Pretty terrible.

Cenerae

02-20-2013

I agree, there should be an option to punish (or at least get them in the tribunal) other players you see in the games that wind up in the cases. Sometimes they're far worse than the reported people.

The rest of your argument is pointless though. Your friend got reported, but did he get banned because of that one game, or did he get banned for being abusive in others? Remember it takes a LOT of reports to even get in to the tribunal (sadly), even if you've been a raging terror. Chances are fairly good that your friend was not innocent, even if he was in some of the games.

And the 'player 1' would end up in the tribunal if he was reported enough, yes even for that game. Inventing conspiracy theories is cool and all, but at least make sure they make sense first yeah?

Yourcatdead

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsefire Vi View Post
You know, this problem wouldn't happen if...idk...people reported toxic players?

OMG, WHAT AM I THINKING? Advising you use common sense? HOW AWFUL OF ME.
That's cute, you talk as if you know the entire story. We both reported this player.

OMG WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? TYPING BEFORE YOU KNOW ANYTHING? MUST BE THE INTERNET!

tolore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

out of curiosity how do you know he went unpunished?

AccountantISMad

02-20-2013

I just spam punish in tribunal all day and I get it mostly right.

You get punished for almost everything. You need to basically have a fake attitude to not be punished.

I have a leadership ribbon as well hahahaha

Unban Auspexa

02-20-2013

Game was much better before Tribunal.

At least 2000 elo rankeds.

Destaice

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Blanket View Post
That's cute, you talk as if you know the entire story. We both reported this player.

OMG WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? TYPING BEFORE YOU KNOW ANYTHING? MUST BE THE INTERNET!
So I'm supposed to magically read your mind and know? You told me that player 1 took no punishment. I used the information you gave me.

Yourcatdead

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccountantISMad View Post
I just spam punish in tribunal all day and I get it mostly right.

You get punished for almost everything. You need to basically have a fake attitude to not be punished.
This about sums up the Tribunal.