Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does a person enjoy losing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobgrenade

02-20-2013

A good fight is enjoyable no matter what.
I've had an excellent time trying (even when it's futile) to turtle up and defend my base for as long as possible.
Ever see 300? Fighting to the last is awesome. Unfortunately people are whiny and decide to give up as soon as at any disadvantage.

TootlesTheGoon

02-20-2013

I can hardly think of a time when I've "enjoyed" a loss.
But I can think of times where my team lost, but I still walked away feeling like I had a good game and did my job well.
My last played for example: My team's Vayne ended up getting caught out of position twice in a row which cost us the game, but personally, I felt I had a good game; Won my lane, managed to gank mid multiple times to help out our Lux, counter-jungled the enemy Voli, jumped on and killed the enemy Ez during fights.
Did I enjoy losing the match? Well, no. We could have easily won, but our Vayne ended up throwing our chances of winning.
Did I feel like I got something out of it and that I did well? Sure. Still learning Elise, and this was definitely one of my best games yet.

Rillain

02-20-2013

I want to lose. Not just lose lose, but actually have legitimate losses where both teams played great and there wasn't a braindead person ruining it for their team.

Ogaflow

02-20-2013

Having fun losing just comes down to perspective. Are you focusing on the fact that your screen says victory in order to have any fun or are you able to enjoy yourself during the game.

For me the only thing that honestly makes me not enjoy a loss, is when someone on my team knows we can win and does everything in their power to make sure it DOESN'T happen. A couple of examples I have had the pleasure of dealing with were first the jungle rammus with smite revive. He ran buffs to whichever lane was losing on the enemy side to keep them in the game all game, go start drag when we were losing and stand around waiting for the enemy to finish both it and him and lastly go kill the enemy support or low health enemies to reset his gold loss so he was worth more and feed their AD and AP carries respectively. I think he went like 4/61 or something. Real annoying. The second one however was actually worse then the rammus for me, this player decided to never work with the team at all. A good player, crushed the enemy in all 1v1 exchanges all game, but refused to work with the rest of us, I mean in chat they said they refuse to teamfight with us. We would get tower dove 5v4 at 35 minutes while they jungled and then try to 1v5 and die. It was painfully frustrating. Other then players like those, I have no problem losing a game and neither should you.

Masakan

02-20-2013

All i know is i actually wanna make it to gold rank before the end of the season

Liz Vicious

Recruiter

02-20-2013

They're gay. How else do you explain the enjoyment of their ass being pounded?

No worries mate

02-20-2013

Mundo delights in suffering!

Hercules Morse

02-20-2013

No one likes to lose. Most people acknowledge that its inevitable and is just a part of anything competitive.

You also dont play games or sports just to win. There has to be a passion for it that makes winning worthwhile. That same passion makes mere participation worth your time, regardless of the outcome.

Your sports analogy doesnt hold water either. A pick-up game of basketball doesnt matter as much as the nba. A typical game of LoL, ranked or not, doesnt matter as much as a tournament final. People who treat them as such are the problem. And people who riot after sportd events are the worst.

Lord of Awesome

02-20-2013

Ways to enjoy losing.

1) Pick stealth/speedy champions and simply hide from the other team for lulz.
2) Everyone grab teleport and ward EVERYTHING, and keep 5man porting onto the enemy ADC as they pick up random jungle creeps for fun. You'll probably lose, but it's hilarious.
3) Thresh Blitz Alistar Singed Skarner team. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
4) ROFLstomp the enemy team and surrender as you blow up their nexus. Hilarious to see reactions.

Make Leagues fun

Ashelotte

02-20-2013

Close games are fun win or lose. Last game I really had fun in was a 3vs5.
It was me as Lulu going mid, Talon top, and a gangplank bot. We really gave them a run for their money and never gave up. In the end we had more kills than the enemy team, but we still lost. The other team complimented us and told us the only reason they even won was because we were down two people.
Now that's a good game even if we had a bad disadvantage.