How does a person enjoy losing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masakan

02-20-2013

legit question. I don't understand this concept how can people enjoy getting their asses handed to them on a consistant basis? Unless they have masochistic tendencies, this is a concept that flys over my head.

And don't give me that whole "its just a game" Bull.

Maplestory is just a game,
Need for speed is just a game
Minecraft,Fiesta..anything like that yeah no reason to take it seriously.

The second that something has a highly competitive base, and has the potential to make money off of, then it is at that point that it stops being "just a game" and becomes something more than that.

The same argument could be said about basketball, Baseball, Soccer and what not.

So why is it that each one of those sports have had histories of riots breaking out when a team loses?(no pun intended.)

AquaDragon42

02-20-2013

if the game was enjoyable and everyone (even members of the enemy team) were enjoyable to talk to (joking, giving suggestions, complimenting good plays) then that would be a game I wouldnt mind loosing

J4CKAL

02-20-2013

Tl;DR BECAUSE! have fun playing

I enjoy losing if i have fun playing the game. this one match i was neck and neck with the other team.. and we lost one last fight that caused us the match. the intensity of how matched we were was EPIC.

Stiletto

02-20-2013

the adventure is in the journey, not the destination

SnowTiger

02-20-2013

aslong I have 10+ kills and less death, even if I lose and I have fun with my friends im okay.

Pigroastinya

02-20-2013

You're gonna lose about 50% of the games you play no matter how good you are. Might as well find somehing to enjoy about it or you'll spend half of the time you're on a video game pissed off. Being pissed off isn't fun to me, but I CAN have fun in a loss.

Unicorn Envy

02-20-2013

People don't enjoy losing, they tolerate losing because they had fun playing a video game. If you cant have fun playing a video game, you need to reevaluate your priorities.

CaesarFlickerman

02-20-2013

Depends on why we lost.

Outplayed? sure.

Mexicans? No.

Silly team comp? Probably not.

Horsed around out of boredom? nooootttt really.

Graywatch

02-20-2013

If I play the game and feel the overall process thereof was enjoyable, the end result has minimal impact on my enjoyment of the game as a whole.

If I have an opportunity to be awesome during the play that's all I need. Hell if I just enable the awesomeness of others frequently enough to get a sense of satisfaction/accomplishment out of doing so, that's sufficient.

Went 7/1/3 but lost? Cool. Had fun (Probably)

Went 4/12/3 but those four kills came from an absolutely beautiful play? Had fun.

Went 0/209/0? Why was I playing Heimerdinger?

Zepel

02-20-2013

I don't enjoy losing, I enjoy playing the game, I'm not going to have a %100 win rate, and if someone does, start streaming and give me your stream, I'll subcribe and learn from the best also I think you should go into worlds