Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius Ult nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

02-20-2013

Quote:
alfavhunter:
just to clarify the nerf is just a CD increase right?

Well that and it ensures that even if you get a kill, it will have to cool down eventually.

Which means nothing for the bad players who couldn't handle Darius before. They'll still give him first blood or the first few kills in lane and let him overpower them, and wonder why he's able to fight so well.

mrdude5410

02-20-2013

He can still dunk an entire team, I mean, it's really not much of a nerf. Only thing you can call it a nerf for is that now he can't just instadunk you the second you get back to lane. It's like when they increased the CD on Riven's ult.

Troy242621

02-20-2013

I certainly don't think Darius deserves to be nerf hammered into uselessness, and I never once complained on the forums about him. That being said, he does need to be toned down a little bit,...

Foxbyte

02-21-2013

So this is the first I've heard of these changes...

Let me see if I've got this straight.

Darius can still dunk a whole team, BUT, if he goes more than 12 seconds between dunks, it goes on full CD?

That might actually be the best solution to Darius that I've seen in a long while.

Mogs01gt

02-21-2013

I really dont mind the change. I still will play and use Darius. Very fun champ!!!

Jonheath291

02-21-2013

Quote:
Chaz5:
The nerf is nothing major at all he can still get a kill withing the twelve seconds to reset it again and it stops him form having it up constantly in top lane.

This ^

The only bad part is if the enemy jungler comes after the 12 seconds it is still active :/

Army Of Frost

02-21-2013

Yes, the day has come you facerolling dunkmonkeys!

Basil Ali

02-21-2013

I think that it should be 6-8 seconds cool down. It feels a little too long for me. I am a Darius player and what's rewarding as a Darius player is the ability to actually kite some melee champions who don't have a gap closer. It's fun and when I'm on the brink of death, especially getting ganked under my tower, I want to truely make them feel like it was a bad idea to tower dive me. However, I feel that 12 seconds is a little longer than it really should be. I understand Darius is really annoying at times, but honestly the nerf was a little too big in my opinion. At least they nerfed his early game cool down, instead of his late game cool down. Which, I am okay with that. However, I don't like the cool down for when he lands a kill, needs to be just a little shorter.

Rhombus45

02-21-2013

Quote:
Nonowa:
fWHY? is all im asking its stupid why would you nerf it this badly? it changes the whole point of him. all i want to know is why and if any one can tell me why please do tell

Really are you being serious right now or are you pulling a fast one...this nerf was nothing bad at all. Bad would have been take away refreshable ult and make it physical damage and not true damage. Would of rather had it that way but I'm happy with the slower refresh. That way team fights with him wont be him running around ulting everyone

Gimpyloser

02-21-2013

It is a very minor nerf that won't do much to change his gameplay.