Help improve the community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

What is Studying

02-20-2013

I constantly see on the forums rages in ranked games and complaining about people feeding or what not. Well from my experience in DOTA, why can we not help each other out instead of just putting the blame on that person? For example, instead of saying how top is feeding after 0/3, tell them what they should do to prevent the snowball (politely). If they are new to a champion, give them suggestions on what to build and level up first.

In a recent game, we had a first time Vayne for our ADC bot lane. She warned us it was her first try and the Jungle helped bot out a great deal to make sure she was able to farm and get kills. From there, the mid game came and we told her what items would be a good buy for the situation. She carried the game because of our help. She was very grateful in the post-lobby telling everyone on our team how helpful we were to her and that she couldn't have done it without us.

It is not the game or the producers' fault, it is the community. Complain or fix it.

PoundThigh

02-20-2013

That is how it should be ideally, however some people only care about themselves and don't bother to help the other team members that are struggling.

angryWelchMan

02-20-2013

While that should be the attitude of the other four people, no one should first time a champion in ranked. That and playing ranked while too drunk to function are the two things that wear on me. If someone is having a bad game or struggling I will try to help him out but if its one of the other two things its better that I only say "mia" and "back" in chat

DeIceBerg

02-20-2013

I can tell you, honestly there is no changing this community without people starting to get perm banned for being toxic. Only issue with this is, that about 50-70% of the community. Every game I play someone is always toxic or beating on (this last game) our top laner fizz who's not doing very well. I used to be a negative player, but I was never toxic to the extent of any of the people I see "every game". After overcoming my negative attitude and seeing the light of a good attitude, I can say a large portion of the game needs to just be removed.

EventHorizonn

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerogordo View Post
I can tell you, honestly there is no changing this community without people starting to get perm banned for being toxic. Only issue with this is, that about 50-70% of the community. Every game I play someone is always toxic or beating on (this last game) our top laner fizz who's not doing very well. I used to be a negative player, but I was never toxic to the extent of any of the people I see "every game". After overcoming my negative attitude and seeing the light of a good attitude, I can say a large portion of the game needs to just be removed.
Perma-Banning people is really difficult with this game. People spend tons of money on Riot Points, and they can simply make another account for free. That doesn't seem like a possible solution.

Capt Poro Snax

02-20-2013

I would love to see this start to happen more i can honestly tell you from experience it can completely change the outcome of a game by instead of raging just being a little blunt and honest "not mean".
Now i will however say this as well a lot of people in this community are so ust to being insta raged at that if you literally say anything at all they auto become defensive or just explode. So keep in mind your use of words such as "you" "Him" things as such that simply by using them can imply direct fault at them. Words like "we" or "us" however can get you the result you want without implying any blame directly at someone in particular making them fell focused out.

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by What is Studying View Post
I constantly see on the forums rages in ranked games and complaining about people feeding or what not. Well from my experience in DOTA, why can we not help each other out instead of just putting the blame on that person? For example, instead of saying how top is feeding after 0/3, tell them what they should do to prevent the snowball (politely). If they are new to a champion, give them suggestions on what to build and level up first.

In a recent game, we had a first time Vayne for our ADC bot lane. She warned us it was her first try and the Jungle helped bot out a great deal to make sure she was able to farm and get kills. From there, the mid game came and we told her what items would be a good buy for the situation. She carried the game because of our help. She was very grateful in the post-lobby telling everyone on our team how helpful we were to her and that she couldn't have done it without us.

It is not the game or the producers' fault, it is the community. Complain or fix it.
Haha, in DotA I told them I was new and was familiar with League of Legends. What a terrific community! They helped me with everything in a kind manner. Sadly, I think people are just too used to bashing others in League but I wonder if it's because there is something to gain and lose on League ? (IP?).

And people of equal skill level tend to be put together right? I noticed less experienced players tend to bash but some players who play often are more casual about their experiences.

What is Studying

02-21-2013

As long as we don't snap at people over small things, then at least it is a step in the right direction.

Layedmonkey

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by What is Studying View Post

Sounds like a perfect world, in which we dont live in, the internet will NEVER stop raging.

Ive even been in a game with the exact situation as you, played a lane i said i wasnt good at, team said they dont care do it anyway... ended up not doing so well, but wasnt "feeding", yet, nothing but flame and rage coming from my ally....sad sight to witness

Robotiny

02-21-2013

Sad, but true. People have anger issues now days... I blame entitlement.