Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ally goes afk during vital moment in game. Punishable ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magik

02-20-2013

while real life is technically more important, id say only if its an emergency

otherwise it can wait. you need to respect the investment of your team and the other team too

"its just a game" isnt an excuse. if its just a game dont bother playing and making others suffer

DrDivine

02-20-2013

Quote:
Iite:
Haven't played lee sin since s2.

Oh that's not an "L" in your name...lol

Romantic Metro

02-20-2013

Quote:
Magik:

otherwise it can wait. you need to respect the investment of your team and the other team too

"its just a game" isnt an excuse. if its just a game dont bother playing and making others suffer

I agree and disagree. You should definitely make the time available to play and not play with things possibly going on. However I will not go after someone with a viable reason. Like say they have a baby who they put down to nap, and the baby inexplicably wakes up and she or he has to take care of it. That's life mate

Life>Games

Iite

02-20-2013

Quote:
Magik:

I don't care about RL emergencies.

But RL emergencies don't take 5 minutes. They cause you to LEAVE the game.

This also includes people that sit in the fountain and chat while their team fights 4v5.

Meatcarnage

02-20-2013

Quote:
Iite:
Sorry but as a healthy adult male, I have at least a one hour warning before i need to use the bathroom. This is not a valid excuse to ruin 4 other peoples game.

Get off your high horse, I'm pretty healthy and I poo myself probably yearly. Sharting is a part of life.

JabbaClown

02-20-2013

If it's an Emergancy then its probably a rare occurrence he had to leave. **** happens

Obviously if hes doing it constantly then Leaverbuster will find him.

btw. there is no reason to call anyone "baddie". it only sets a more negative atmosphere which makes it worse.

Meatcarnage

02-20-2013

Quote:
Meatcarnage:
Get off your high horse, I'm pretty healthy and I poo myself probably yearly. Sharting is a part of life.

Downvotes.. Really? You can honestly tell me none have you have accidentally pooped yourself in the last 5 years?

Iite

02-20-2013

Quote:
JabbaClown:
If it's an Emergancy then its probably a rare occurrence he had to leave. **** happens

Obviously if hes doing it constantly then Leaverbuster will find him.

btw. there is no reason to call anyone "baddie". it only sets a more negative atmosphere which makes it worse.

Don't worry I have learned my lessons about verbal abuse and negativity in games. I just don't see how the tribunal handles the seemingly insignificant afk players that don't afk long enough to idle out of the game, Or the players who load into the game 10 minutes late, forcing a 3v5, Which is an automatic loss most games.

imweasel09

02-20-2013

Quote:
Iite:
Team is barely hanging on.
Lee sin decides to go afk for 5 minutes.
Comes back after we lost entire base, game over.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't see any sort of punishment for this.

Yet calling someone a baddie yields a 3 day ban.

Sounds like justice.

It's punishable if he does it repeatedly and you should report it. If he just does it once and doesn't do it again then he isn't going to accrue enough reports to end up in the tribunal.

ZephyrDrake

02-20-2013

Quote:
Meatcarnage:
Downvotes.. Really? You can honestly tell me none have you have accidentally pooped yourself in the last 5 years?

dude you should go see a doctor