Nami on proving grounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-20-2013

I decided to try it but today I did it with my crit fiora masteries still on. I didnt go full AD by any stretch but we won and I lol'd even though nobody noticed a thing I did (T_T support is so loved)

Anyways, I had no problems except that being near my team if they died would just result in my death, no escapes. Cant do much to heal you but I can heal you enough that its gonna matter. E was definately my most relevant skill that match and actually ended up saving lives and making big plays happen. It was also fun to watch ppl try to stop katarinas ult only to get caught in mine. I wonder what wouldve happened had I played properly.

Id like some more people to try nami here and say what happened. BTW I do good as nami the majority of the time and I almost never try to go full AP

GlyphTsen

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Anyways, I had no problems except that being near my team if they died would just result in my death, no escapes.
I know you're used to Ahri, but that's pretty standard for almost all Supports. Fortunately, as Nami you should be able to play back a bit more than some, due to range considerations, and having your allies bounce the Heal or be the platform for your E.

Personally I like Nami, she takes some getting used to, but she's better than a lot make her out to be. For my playstyle, I still prefer Sona or Janna, but that might also just be that I'm more comfortable with them having played them the most.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
I know you're used to Ahri, but that's pretty standard for almost all Supports. Fortunately, as Nami you should be able to play back a bit more than some, due to range considerations, and having your allies bounce the Heal or be the platform for your E.

Personally I like Nami, she takes some getting used to, but she's better than a lot make her out to be. For my playstyle, I still prefer Sona or Janna, but that might also just be that I'm more comfortable with them having played them the most.
sona and janna can run and fight at the same time lol.

nami has to gtfo before things get bad so you gotta read things a bit better. Ahri can stop and fight and run if she has to lol shes threatening enough that many cant follow at times.

Soferir

02-21-2013

Quote:
I decided to try it but today I did it with my crit fiora masteries still on. I didnt go full AD by any stretch but we won and I lol'd even though nobody noticed a thing I did (T_T support is so loved)

Anyways, I had no problems except that being near my team if they died would just result in my death, no escapes. Cant do much to heal you but I can heal you enough that its gonna matter. E was definately my most relevant skill that match and actually ended up saving lives and making big plays happen. It was also fun to watch ppl try to stop katarinas ult only to get caught in mine. I wonder what wouldve happened had I played properly.

Id like some more people to try nami here and say what happened. BTW I do good as nami the majority of the time and I almost never try to go full AP
You gonna stop sending Ahri valentines on every day except Valentine's Day and create the Nami fancult? Looks like the Ahri fancult is losing it's leader...

GlyphTsen

02-21-2013

Quote:
sona and janna can run and fight at the same time lol.
Lies and propaganda! Who told you this!?

No, but seriously, except maybe Janna (who has slightly more CC and/or a constant mini-Ghost to run through creeps with) they're about equal in their ability to run away I feel. Sure, Sona can move and cast and is a little faster with E, but she has no base stun like Nami or knock-up like Janna, and of course the Ults are about equal in effectiveness for escaping (if not necessarily cooldown).

Even then, there are a lot more supports with similar "lack of escapes." Taric and Soraka are of course the worst offenders... but can still be effective in Proving Grounds (Soraka more so though).

Anywho, just my experiences and thoughts on the survivability of a support champion.