Too much of everything.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiottoXIII

02-20-2013

Cannon we can't just assume they suck... oh wait nvm we can

GlyphTsen

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtmsg View Post
Just putting Diana as an example. I get it, LoL kids like to play with 20 skill cap champ and they get mad when called out. Still OP.

EDIT: I dont need data to prove the obvious. Look at his K/D ratio, 0.02 away from MF and shes top ADC!

I don't even play Garen. I think he's boring as all hell, and not that good. Quite frankly, I think that Diana is a better champion.

However, Garen is easier to play, and Diana isn't as strong in the early game. In my experience Diana is an absolute monster in mid game, and stays that way into late game where Garen's falling off.

A few things:

1. Stats websites often have varying methods of accumulating data, and thus end up with generally worse results. For example, according to a thread about Ashe, there was some posted data that had Kog'Maw and Varus as having by far the best win/loss ratio. A few weeks ago I was looking at stats for 3.01 and say that Ashe had an ~18% popularity rate, while others had different numbers.

Statistics are valuable, but you can't just take one source, and you have to look at how and why a given statistic might be different.

2. You do need data. You say that "Diana dies in 2 seconds" if she engages on Garen, but you give zero context. Is the Garen fed? What items did Diana choose? What skills did Diana manage to land? What summoner spells were used? Etc.

Of course, you picked Diana as a random example. Which means you are very likely not talking about something you've had any actual experience with. Which also means you're talking out of your rear end. Which, in turn, means that nothing you say has any argumentative power and you will NEVER convince anyone.

Of course, if you aren't trying to convince anyone, sure, you don't need data. But then you're just venting, wasting your time, and generally being a stubborn fool that is not willing to listen to others when they point out how and why you're probably wrong... backing that up with actual data, both from experience and from crunching the numbers.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-20-2013

Quote:
I dont need data to prove the obvious.
YES THE F*** YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that's obvious is your bias. Lolking can lie, you can lie, I can lie, but if your info is backed by something solid its a bit harder thus solving the problem. Who are you to tell us that something is good or bad? Maybe its good that garen can beat diana. Maybe its bad for diana to be aggressive in this case. Give us something to work with. Something that actually suggests theres a problem. Zyra has a high skillcap and irelia fails to give a ****. What now, better nerf irelia?

Vuther

02-20-2013

TOO MUCH RANGE

Except not

txtmsg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

He is OP... sorry to burst your bubble of 20 skill cap champ.

GiottoXIII

02-20-2013

Ahri's true damage balls laughs in garens face all day erryday :3 meanwhile... in top lane BotRK was built and not a fk was given about garen

Zombiemaster

02-20-2013

Quote:
EDIT: I dont need data to prove the obvious. Look at his K/D ratio, 0.02 away from MF and shes top ADC!
First of all, Garen and MF are two completely different champions for two completely different roles. One is a fighter who is supposed to be in the front lines tanking most of the damage for his team while still being able to put out some damage himself. The other is an ADC who is supposed to be in the back lines providing the most damage output for her team. Comparing these two champions in anyway is pretty much useless.

About the idea that you don't need data to prove the obvious, like someone else said, I guess I don't need data to prove that you're a bad player, because it's obvious to me. I guess a Christian doesn't need anything to prove that God exists, because it's obvious to him/her. I guess the legal system doesn't need any data to prove that person X didn't rape person Y, because it's pretty obvious to person X that he didn't. If you aren't catching on, you absolutely need data to prove anything in this world because that's how it works here on planet Earth.

If you don't like that approach, here's another one. You say that you don't need data to prove the obvious? Well, it's not obvious to me that Garen is OP, so since it isn't obvious, I guess you do need data to prove it.

Technician Tim

02-21-2013

and no range