Riven, Please put her back

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CptnGigglesworth

02-20-2013

Okay so Riven is awful now...
I know what Riot is trying to do, and it is working but now, my favorite champion is not fun to play at all...

She has a terrible beginning game and her end game isn't that good at all. I agree that her ultimate should have a longer cooldown at lower levels but just put her back and only change that...

The purpose of the "buff" which is really a nerf is so that Riven can come back late game if she falls short in laning phase. Well now she falls even shorter in laning phase and its frustrating to be behind constantly all game in damage and then still not reach peak levels end game from before the patch.

In short Riot took my favorite champion and made her not fun at all and actually frustrating to play.

ArcanaZeroOne

02-20-2013

Only if they put Talon back too. Otherwise, NO!

Alvan Yakatori

02-20-2013

Only if they put olaf back.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Only if they put Mord back

Vencu

02-20-2013

only if they put.......

put...............

rengar? YEA!!!

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-20-2013

only if they give foxfire ahri a recall animation. (prioties pplz)

X74X

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Flaming Potato View Post
Okay so Riven is awful now...
I know what Riot is trying to do, and it is working but now, my favorite champion is not fun to play at all...

She has a terrible beginning game and her end game isn't that good at all. I agree that her ultimate should have a longer cooldown at lower levels but just put her back and only change that...

The purpose of the "buff" which is really a nerf is so that Riven can come back late game if she falls short in laning phase. Well now she falls even shorter in laning phase and its frustrating to be behind constantly all game in damage and then still not reach peak levels end game from before the patch.

In short Riot took my favorite champion and made her not fun at all and actually frustrating to play.
I dunno, as someone who mains her I still find her fun to play.

I don't know what you're thinking but her early game isn't bad and neither is her lategame if you know what you're doing. I think you'll find that many top laners are having the same troubles not due to nerfs or changes to them but because of the new HP stacking meta. Riven isn't the only one taking a hit from the switch in itemization that everyone is abusing. It's because it's a counterbuild to Riven, but it's not impossible to fight past and usually I find myself wiping out health tanks anyway.

The "buff" you speak of isn't a "nerf". Do the math and actually READ the graphs that were put up outlining the differences. The new passive is stronger than the old one if you bother taking advantage of its potential, since it gets stronger as you level up and it is now applied to the full amount of your AD instead of just bonus AD. As it stands with the new passive there are next to no combinations you can build lategame, and in most cases even early game, that will make the old passive seem better than the new one, and at that point, with such an absurd amount of AD that it's stupid to build, it wouldn't make much of a difference regardless.

I think you're exaggerating just how bad her early game sustain nerf was. It was bad at first, yes (yet even then it could be worked with), but with the new buffs to her passive and people taking advantage of the deadliness of her autoattack>ability combos, she's able to do more damage to an enemy in the longrun than they'll do to her, regardless of how much slower her hp/5 is to compensate for that damage.

Grombolar

02-20-2013

Haven't played her on SR in a while but she is extremely good in TT.

Combatheaven

02-20-2013

Only if they put irelia back...................