Good general runes for bruisers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theADOLESCENT

02-20-2013

Hey guys. I usually play Mundo, Lee Sin, I just bought Vi, a little Jax, Renekton and maybe Jayce. Everyone once in a while I'll play Fiddlesticks, Caitlyn, Ashe or Brand but I mostly focus on bruisers.

So I'm wondering what types of runes should I buy? I have about 6k IP and I'm willing to spend it all on runes.

Thanks,
theADOLESCENT

lordfrezon

02-20-2013

armor pen reds, ad quints, flat armor yellows, and flat MR blues are good choices, If I were to play more bruisers I would use those. Maybe movement speed quints and ad reds, but I prefer having a good amount of ad and armor pen. Most runes are to help you out in the early game, so if you find you have problems last hitting, more ad runes might help.

ibwubz

Recruiter

02-20-2013

http://www.lolking.net/guides/84503

This guide has great runes for garen, which can also be used for other bruiser champs too.

I go armor pen reds
Magic resist (flat)quints
Armor (flat)yellows
Attack Dmg (flat)Quint

Eviant

02-28-2013

A lot of runes are great for early game, but it really depends on where you want them to have the most impact. Early on, go for the flat Arm and MR, and AD marks and Quints. If you find that you want to have a stronger late, or maybe build more tanky and still do good damage, then grabbing Arm and MR/Level will often have a better effect, with Arm pen being much stronger late (Now more so than before)

AndersMMO

02-28-2013

Physical Damage Quintessences
Armor Penetration Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Flat MR Glyphs

Probably the most universal AD bruiser page there is...

Sique

03-23-2013

What are thoughts on scaling MR glyphs instead?