Can we please do something about Caitlyn's ult?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emberfly

02-20-2013

Recently I have noticed a bug with Caitlyn's ultimate

Her ultimate goes on FULL COOLDOWN without even going off when these things happen:

1. Elise does her E in spider form
2. her target moves out of range while it is casting
3. Ezreal uses arcane shift
4. her target walks into a brush
5. Master Yi uses alpha strike
6. Teemo goes invisible via his passive
7. If nocturne uses his ultimate while you are aiming at him
8. If graves hits you with his smokescreen

Caitlyn gets the FULL ult cooldown time without firing a shot!

Granted, the CD is really short.. about 60-70 seconds.. but isn't it only supposed to be like a 5 second reload time, not the full CD? I mean the damn spell doesn't even go off but she still gets the damn cooldown for it!! WTF??

edit: wow yay 100 likes! Can I get a red post? Stop ignoring me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberfly View Post
She is getting the full cooldown WITHOUT SHOOTING THE BULLET. It starts aiming, but then it STOPS and she gets the FULL COOLDOWN.

It's not bad play.. it's a bug.

The bullet doesn't fire and then they dodge it; that would be working as intended. What happens is that she begins aiming.. they walk into a bush (or whatever) and then it STOPS AIMING. And DOESN'T SHOOT. And she gets the full cooldown (60-70 seconds).
Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thristle View Post
I don't know if it was mentioned in the thread, or just implied, but you also lose the mana for "casting" it.

Caítlyn

02-20-2013

I support this thread

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

yeah it is kinda op isn't it

The Supreme Dirt

02-20-2013

well for starters stop falling for the rappel... wait until someone on your team forces the rappel before ulting her
but yeah it's a problem... i'd really love to see it fixed.
it seems inconsistent too :/

Manuel Delacruz

02-20-2013

I've had about 20 caitlyn ults on different champions that dont go off and go on full CD with no cc applied to me, and no damage to the enemy. But meh, now I just do it point blank.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
If Elise does her W in spider form... if her enemy moves out of range while it is casting... the list goes on ... Caitlyn gets the full ult CD.

Granted, the CD is really short.. about 60-70 seconds.. but isn't it only supposed to be 5 seconds, not the full CD? I mean the damn spell doesn't even go off but she still gets the damn cooldown for it!! WTF??
If they go out of range, it goes on short CD, if you see the line dissapear and she just fired it goes on Full CD. If you target Elise and she fires and elise W's up it goes on Full CD because it could hit anyone else instead.

Basturmation

02-20-2013

did someone say nerf elise and caitlin?

emberfly

02-20-2013

bump for awareness.

ABMatrix

02-20-2013

Quote:
If Elise does her W in spider form... if her enemy moves out of range while it is casting... ezreal's arcane shift... the list goes on ... Caitlyn gets the full ult CD.

Granted, the CD is really short.. about 60-70 seconds.. but isn't it only supposed to be 5 seconds, not the full CD? I mean the damn spell doesn't even go off but she still gets the damn cooldown for it!! WTF??

It's elise E.

August 17th

02-20-2013

Meanwhile, Teemo goes invisible during Caitlyn ult, and Caitlyn doesn't fire.

12345 ... 11