Why elo hell and trolling don't exist.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerk9003

02-20-2013

Elo hell doesn't exist. Trolling does

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk9003 View Post
Elo hell doesn't exist. Trolling does
and u give no proof/explanation at all? just a random negative statement....

for future posters, mind giving a reason for criticism, rather than a random negative statement?

WiCKeD UNSKiLLeD

02-20-2013

I don't agree with the elo hell doesn't exist, all you have to do is play enough matches in a certain tier to get the feel of what kind of players your teammates are. 75% of the time there are atleast 2 lanes who constantly feed which I have to take responsibility for due to their lack of wards or common sense. My point in elo hell existing is there are two breeds of players. The players who play normal matches and are usually terrible or extremely inexperienced to the ranked world and the cutthroat matches, and the ranked players who have a couple 1000 ranked games under their belt to draw experience from and know what they should be doing. I'n my case I end up queued with people who are usually always fresh to the ranked world, and don't ward their lane, if a gank is coming and they are warned they continue to push until they die or they sit in lane with 200 hp farming till they die.

Common sense is something that doesnt exist, with alot of the league players thats just a fact. This matchmaking system they put up now just makes it that much more annoying to carry idiots. Elo hell to me is that feeling you get when 2 lanes feed and 1 lane is doing well but you know theres nothing you can do to stop those other 2 lanes from being retarded. I dont know its frustrating but nothing is as frustrating as getting 4 lp per win which is all I get for a 45 min game regardless of my score and 3 lp for a 20-25 min game. The system needs changed if they matched people who truly had the same level of experience together then yeah people wouldnt scream elo hell. Until that happens rage happens trolls happen and the guys who are A-holes smurf into a lower tier troll and mess around.

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKxWoLF View Post
I don't agree with the elo hell doesn't exist, all you have to do is play enough matches in a certain tier to get the feel of what kind of players your teammates are. 75% of the time there are atleast 2 lanes who constantly feed which I have to take responsibility for due to their lack of wards or common sense. My point in elo hell existing is there are two breeds of players. The players who play normal matches and are usually terrible or extremely inexperienced to the ranked world and the cutthroat matches, and the ranked players who have a couple 1000 ranked games under their belt to draw experience from and know what they should be doing. I'n my case I end up queued with people who are usually always fresh to the ranked world, and don't ward their lane, if a gank is coming and they are warned they continue to push until they die or they sit in lane with 200 hp farming till they die.

Common sense is something that doesnt exist, with alot of the league players thats just a fact. This matchmaking system they put up now just makes it that much more annoying to carry idiots. Elo hell to me is that feeling you get when 2 lanes feed and 1 lane is doing well but you know theres nothing you can do to stop those other 2 lanes from being retarded. I dont know its frustrating but nothing is as frustrating as getting 4 lp per win which is all I get for a 45 min game regardless of my score and 3 lp for a 20-25 min game. The system needs changed if they matched people who truly had the same level of experience together then yeah people wouldnt scream elo hell. Until that happens rage happens trolls happen and the guys who are A-holes smurf into a lower tier troll and mess around.
exactly my point

when people are stupid and feed/lose their lane, thats a troll

when the ratio of trolls is high enough, thats elo hell

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

kinda sad that a few people really read it, and the rest posted a negative comment just on the title lmao

PoisonedPeace

02-20-2013

Elo hell does not exist.
Here is a simple version of the math:
5v5
Assuming that you are actually good...
4 people on your team that could suck vs 5 equally skilled people that could also suck.

4/9=44%
5/9=55%

You have a significantly lower chance of not getting a troll/afk than the other team does.
There is a lot better math that goes more in depth, but I'm not posting a page of math problems here lol.

Also, from my experience, the games are usually even. In 224 games I have yet to see a true troll. I see a bunch of people try to carry games, which is probably why they lose. Most everybody else in your elo/tier has the same intentions as you.

PoisonedPeace

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautochrone View Post
You're wrong and I can prove it.

You also say that professional rarely (if ever) lose their lane. They lose their lanes a lot. They don't win 98% of their games. At their level of play, they probably lose just as often as you do in Bronze. The difference is their attitude, and a person's attitude is what dictates whether or not they are a troll.
Somebody has to lose lane....So the statistic for losing lane is probably about 49% when professionals play other highly skilled players.

People at high elo barely ever feed. I watch wings and Nyjackey all the time. They see the game differently.

People in "elo hell" see KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL.
People at high levels see, take turret, take drag, take turret, win teamfight, farm more cs, take baron, win game.

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Elo hell does not exist.
Here is a simple version of the math:
5v5
Assuming that you are actually good...
4 people on your team that could suck vs 5 equally skilled people that could also suck.

4/9=44%
5/9=55%

You have a significantly lower chance of not getting a troll/afk than the other team does.
There is a lot better math that goes more in depth, but I'm not posting a page of math problems here lol.

Also, from my experience, the games are usually even. In 224 games I have yet to see a true troll. I see a bunch of people try to carry games, which is probably why they lose. Most everybody else in your elo/tier has the same intentions as you.
thanks you, thats exactly my point!

no one is a true "troll" (except in very very rare cases), the only trolls are the ones who "intentionally feed" (i.e. go 1/11, which no one does on purpose)

the math u have also proves my point. Technically, it shouldnt be more likely the ur team has a troll (like everyone complaines). So, if u are the troll (accidentally fed) every once in awhile, it evens it out.

ROKAF JE

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemydude View Post
in the games i play, i see a afk/leaver in mabye 1/25 or 1/50 games, so i dont understand y people say this is so prevelent
It's not that prevalent - somebody needs to take the blame somewhere, though.
The players saying these kinds of things refuse to believe it's themselves - see the thread I will post below.
It's not usually one specific cause either.
It's always TROLLS FEEDERS AFK D/C EVERY GAME according to the people who post these kinds of things.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3149098

PoisonedPeace

02-20-2013

The people that are stuck in "elo hell" are elo hell themselves. There is a reason they can't win.