Why elo hell and trolling don't exist.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

I've seen so many hundreds of posts of people venting rage at trolls, complaining that they're stuck in elo hell, and that they are sick of this game. I used to be one of those people. I was never quite as extreme as the visible ragers... but I certainly thought trolls were everywhere.

I plan to use some simple logic to explain why trolls are exceedingly rare and elo hell doesn't exist (at least not in the advertised form).

I'm sure almost everyone except those in platinum+ can remember their last game where they did bad in lane and lost it. Personally, that was 2 games ago when I tried fiddlesticks support and went 0/7/7. When I check the average rager's lolking profile's, they have those games too, as does almost everyone else once in awhile. my theory about trolls is that the masses of "trolls" are just players who are having a bad game. Personally, I lose my lane and "feed" (go like 1/5/0) about 1 in 10 games. Being honest, I'm sure you would find a similar ratio if u look back over your lolking history. So, assuming everyone in my elo bracket (Bronze 1) has a 1/10 chance to lose their lane, then in every game, 1 person (1/10 * 10 players) will have a bad game and feed. So, in Bronze 1, I'm predicting 1 troll per game.

In higher division (or lower), the ratio is different. The pros rarely if ever lose their lane and go 1/5/0. Thus, there should be no trolls at high elo. At lower elo, people may lose their lanes 1/2 the time, resulting in 5 trolls a game on average.

I'm not saying true trolls don't exist (i.e. the ones that say they are feeding and go 0/20). However, in my 200ish games, I've seen mabye 2, so I honestly am not sure they are as prevelent as people say...

That's my theory on trolls, and based on my experience, it holds true.

About elo hell, I think it does exist, but not as commonly seen. Elo hell is not a place full of trolls and feeders where it's impossible to win any games. Elo hell is just a higher chance of "trolls (people losing lane)". Thus, in "elo hell", there may be 2+ people who badly lose their lane, whereas in "non elo hell (1400 elo +?)" people play better MORE consistently and thus there are less "trolls".

This is just my personal view of these issues. I'm sick of hearing about elo hell and rampant trolls, so if you're in bronze/silver and think trolls and elo hell exist and my system is false, show me ur lolking history with no bad games...

Edit (as seen as needing clarification by posts):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautochrone View Post
You're wrong and I can prove it.

You also say that professional rarely (if ever) lose their lane. They lose their lanes a lot. They don't win 98% of their games. At their level of play, they probably lose just as often as you do in Bronze. The difference is their attitude, and a person's attitude is what dictates whether or not they are a troll.
by lose their lane, i dont mean that in a strict sense of just losing it. I mean losing the lane and then proceeding to feed their lane opponent. In higher elo, when a person loses their lane (which happens a lot) they lose it but do not then feed.

Losing a lane at high elo would be going 0/3/0 with similar farm.

Losing a lane at low elo would be going 0/10/0 with half the farm.

Tautochrone

02-20-2013

You also say that professional rarely (if ever) lose their lane. They lose their lanes a lot. They don't win 98% of their games. At their level of play, they probably lose just as often as you do in Bronze. The difference is their attitude, and a person's attitude is what dictates whether or not they are a troll.

soupbandit

02-20-2013

Not many trolls. Lots of ragequitters/afks.

SUPERSEYMOUR

02-20-2013

Wanna bet?
MS Master Yi ftw

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautochrone View Post

by lose their lane, i dont mean that in a strict sense of just losing it. I mean losing the lane and then proceeding to feed their lane opponent. In higher elo, when a person loses their lane (which happens a lot) they lose it but do not then feed.

Losing a lane at high elo would be going 0/3/0 with similar farm.

Losing a lane at low elo would be going 0/10/0 with half the farm.

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupbandit View Post
Not many trolls. Lots of ragequitters/afks.
in the games i play, i see a afk/leaver in mabye 1/25 or 1/50 games, so i dont understand y people say this is so prevelent

BDaddyKane

02-20-2013

The thing is that there are trollers who are truly trollers, and admit to troll.
Therefore trollers exists.

liquideyes

02-20-2013

You must not watch streams....people at high elo feed all the time. For example last night Voyboys mid laner was 0/5 15 mins into the game...thats feeding...now he got carried and was able to even his score at 9/9 but regardless he fed in lane phase...happens every day for pple at high elo.

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDaddyKane View Post
The thing is that there are trollers who are truly trollers, and admit to troll.
Therefore trollers exists.
i said they do exist, but in very small quantities

i personally have not seen a true troll (someone who is just trollign everyoen and intentionaly feeding) in over 50-100 games

Worst Iee sin

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquideyes View Post
You must not watch streams....people at high elo feed all the time. For example last night Voyboys mid laner was 0/5 15 mins into the game...thats feeding...now he got carried and was able to even his score at 9/9 but regardless he fed in lane phase...happens every day for pple at high elo.
no, i dont watch streams, ty for the imput; however, the feeding in higher elos is nothing compared to that of lower elo