Cool Darius tweak, can we use it as a guideline for a Kassadin nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

02-20-2013

Here's the idea:

Riftwalk:
Extend the stacking buff from 8-10 seconds.
Cost & damage increase effect remains the same.
The buff now allows the ult to be recast after 7/6/5 seconds.
When the buff expires, the ult goes on a 30/25/20 second cooldown.

Would this allow for a reasonable balance between Dominion and Summoner's Rift?

Golly

02-20-2013

I'd rather see it limited to 2 casts within a certain time-frame then you lose it. Like Rumble harpoon. That way he still retains value for getting in and out of SR fights, while being manageable in Dominion.

Kholdstare13

02-20-2013

The cool thing about it is the snowball power tho. You get to choose how early to start casting it if you want it to hit like a truck, which is what my suggestion leaves in place. The only limit is still your mana, but it gets that cooldown in between. It could always be less, maybe matched to leb's ult, but each chain still allows for a good amount of use.

Another possible nerf would be to just increase the stacking buff duration to something a bit more crazy, say 20 seconds. To reset the mana cost, you need to wait a full cycle.

Kholdstare13

02-22-2013

More thoughts please. Is this an effective nerf that won't break him too far on SR?

NAForumSmurf

02-22-2013

Quite frankly, I don't think your idea would solve the problem. Kassa builds mana to spam on Dom. So with your idea he will keep jumping while the buff is up. If he goes oom he'll just quickly back (and then gank bot while he's there).

You're other idea, increasing the buff duration would completely destroy him on SR, where mana is very much an issue.

All in all, I prefer an itemization solution (like my "Hextech Chains" boot enchant idea).

Kholdstare13

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAForumSmurf View Post
Quite frankly, I don't think your idea would solve the problem. Kassa builds mana to spam on Dom. So with your idea he will keep jumping while the buff is up. If he goes oom he'll just quickly back (and then gank bot while he's there).

You're other idea, increasing the buff duration would completely destroy him on SR, where mana is very much an issue.

All in all, I prefer an itemization solution (like my "Hextech Chains" boot enchant idea).
Well that's exactly it. He would keep jumping till nearly OOM, but since he would be unable to recast his ult it would go on cooldown. It opens a window of time for counterplay, either by pushing hard if he decided to chicken out and be absent, or by killing him if he shows up to the party with his escape down.

The second idea isn't too different from the first one, except there is never a "real" cooldown period. He would still be able to spam it for a while, and would need to wait for the "cooldown" of the buff expiring in order to reset the cost. The only difference is that he can choose to cool down at any time he wants, and would still have it up for emergencies if he needed to use it while heavily stacked, but it would require smarter management of the ult to prevent mana issues, in which case a highly aggressive game would be the way to counter him.

Another tweak to that idea would be to separate the damage and cost components so the damage part only lasts the old 8 while the cost increase lasts 30/25/20 or whatever is balanced.

I see Nome is active on the forums again, I'm not saying my idea is the perfect solution, but can I please get some confirmation that Riot is at least looking into the situation?

IronAegis

02-23-2013

At this point I'll welcome any Kassadin change (nerf)

Genericke

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
At this point I'll welcome any Kassadin change (nerf)
Same