Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

English/Spanish - Auto Win Rate Increase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

02-21-2013

Muchas gracias por sus aportaciones, Kvastier y Newclearhead.

Newclearhead

02-21-2013

Quote:
t0ad5:
What does "Jaja" and "hue hue" mean?

Both expressions are laughs. Like "haha".

Boagster

02-21-2013

Quote:
t0ad5:
What does "Jaja" and "hue hue" mean?

To expand on what Newclearhead said, 'jaja' is laughing in Spanish, as the letter 'j' is pronounced like 'h' in English.

Not even sure how 'hue' is pronounced, but it's laughing in Portuguese.

t0ad5

02-21-2013

it was joke...
fufu?

Elsabet

02-21-2013

Empujón

Trumpet Jesus

Recruiter

02-26-2013

I love your intention, and no worries, I take Spanish classes and always try to communicate with Spanish speaking players.

But in my experience, the problem is that the Spanish speakers make no effort to communicate. 9/10 of Spanish speakers I have played with either end up flaming/raging at the team members in Spanish because they think no one can understand them. Not to mention profane language...

LogicalTautology

02-26-2013

Quote:
Atrakas:
I love your intention, and no worries, I take Spanish classes and always try to communicate with Spanish speaking players.

But in my experience, the problem is that the Spanish speakers make no effort to communicate. 9/10 of Spanish speakers I have played with either end up flaming/raging at the team members in Spanish because they think no one can understand them. Not to mention profane language...

The proportion of English-speaking people with toxic attitudes to that of Spanish-speakers with toxic attitudes is at least 4:1. Moreover, I have literally never seen a non-English speaker be anything remotely resembling a bad teammate until well after several English-speaking racists start flaming them.

The game would be more improved by removing the people asking for non-English speakers to get a server for their own, than by removing those non-English speakers. It's really not that close.

LiamBuddy

02-27-2013

Try:

Hola. Lo siento, no hablo español. Por favor, cumpla con los pings. Por favor, considere que juega en el español europeo o servidores Brasil portugueses. Voy a informar por no comunicar si no se siguen los pings.

(Translated using Google: Hello. Sorry, I do not speak spanish. Please comply with pings. Please consider playing on the European Spanish or Brazil Portugese servers. I will report for not communicating if you do not follow pings.)

Lurzah

02-27-2013

Language isn't the issue. A giant discrepancy in skill level is.

Sentient23

02-27-2013

i have stated this many times before and i will state it once more. most of the groups i run into on the NA server that are not speaking english CAN AND DO speak english. however they limit their english speaking to 'you suck' 'noob' 'fuk report' 'uninstall plz' 'you are bad' etc etc.... the entire game is spent with them speaking their own language while you are sitting there trying to follow pings and figure wtf they are talking about. the second something goes wrong they start speaking english to tell you how much you suck. THAT IS THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING GROUPS ON THE NA SERVER