Dominion is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

02-23-2013

^ Correct, Summoner's Rift and Dominion are almost completely opposite, everyone get's fed
-Your "attempt" to feed the ADC early and get ahead is nullified because of gold rates in dominion
-Fog of War covers 90% of the map, in sr, you can ward a whole map
-Team fights start right off the bat, in SR, it is optimal to start laning

2) Every champion has a counter, and it's simply just 2 words. "Get Exhaust" . Exhaust a xin zhao b4 he ults and finishes 3 talon strike, he loses 70% of his damage (or w/e)

3) "Crowd Control", if you think any champ is broken, crowd control to stun that champion won't make him an issue (that is if you play as a team)

4) The only champion that counters all these points TO AN EXTENT, is Kassadin. Until there is some "Overpoweredness" in summoner's rift, they wont modify him~ Otherwise, map control, clarivoyance, and stuns can stop a kassadin from being too terror

5) Based on friends, I think dominion was meant to be played as a fun fast paced, no strategy game, (the huge difference between the 2 game modes is so big, that I don't think Riot ever expected dominion to be competitive, I think..)

Conclusion is that there are always counters to every champion, there is just kassadin that might be an issue, but in my opinion, a kassadin means I have a chance to improve my map control skills.
-Face the unexpected, expect kassadin to be in jungle at all times, get hextechs, always play cautious, never lane alone (Never laning alone is a huge one, apparently people think it's ok to lane when there are 4 missing enemies)

A Slime Appears

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerzs View Post
Conclusion is that there are always counters to every champion, there is just kassadin that might be an issue, but in my opinion, a kassadin means I have a chance to improve my map control skills.
Sure, it does provide a chance to improve my map control skills. That viewpoint doesn't suddenly make facing Kassadin fun though, and that's the real problem. It's just not fun having him in my games.

MajorUrsa

02-23-2013

Solo Queue is a gamble, matches are often decided at champ select. If you're team didnt lock in a balanced lineup, if the enemy team happens to counter your picks, if you don't pick Kassadin...

Half of its just luck on how well your picks fair against theirs. Did you lock in a zoning comp? Well, they locked in 4 gap closers with silence to boot. GG, Did you lock in melee? They have an anti-melee aoe comp. GG.

Trying to get solo queue members to grab balanced picks isn't going to happen. You can build around their picks, but you can't make up for your teams Ashe/Fiddle picks against the enemy comps triple bruiser picks. Dominion as a mode is almost more team comp dependent then SR at this point, lots of champions are viable, but not all team comps are. Many are situational, and unfortunately, you have no idea what blind pick is going to drop on you, and sometimes you just get counter-picked.

The appeal is wearing thin at this point. Little support, no real solutions in sight. We can continue balancing the items and minor aura fixes, but its not going to change or impact the problems enough. I don't really foresee any viable solutions short of nerfing champions with Dominion balancing in mind.

Zinwrath

02-24-2013

The only way to fix dominion would be to give it the twisted treeline treatment and change the game mode.

Champions with higher mobility or great scaling (which is normally balanced on TF/SR by more difficult laning phase) are always gonna come out on top. Also, SR items (and some champs) are more balanced around the eventual 5v5 team fights. Where dominion your rarely to never gonna have a 5v5 team fight.

I think the designers realized this and is in part why no real changes or focus has been given to Dominon...they're very likely working on a new replacement map similiar to what nome did with Twisted. TBH, despite some community backlash, the new Twisted treeline is a MUCH better designed map which shows nome knows his ****. So if it comes to remaking dominion to work better with the current line up of champions, i trust he'll square it away.

Rademus

02-25-2013

I like Dominion but agree, broken ...

IDontWasteFood

02-25-2013

It's broken because we get zero support.

The two most broken aspects are Kassadin, and loser respawn bonus.