Gifting Champions for New Players on my Stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

F1CT10N NA

02-20-2013

Feel free to add me - I have lots of room on my friends list

The Last Squidy

02-20-2013

Not entirely sure if I'm exactly new by your definition but I have really wanted to get Sona for awhile but I've been trying to get my runes filled up so I'm kinda stuck, if you'd rather give more to newer players that's cool just thought I'd give it a shot.

Also will check out your stream next time your on. Do you stream certain roles or like pubs or what?

XxAngelVIIxX

02-21-2013

Thanks for posting your stream link. I have a few now that I can watch depending on who's online.

I have a couple of champs already, Annie and Cho'Gath, but I'm saving up for Miss Fortune. I think someone screwed up somewhere because I could play her for a couple of hours last week, and then they fixed the champ rotation. I was really loving her. =P

I'm almost half way there in IP, so I honestly don't *need* the help... But if you're just being sweet anyways, I wouldn't say no. ^_^ lol

Thanks for trying to do your part to better the community. It's nice to see pro's really stepping up and trying to undo the damage to the new player community that some of the trolls have done.

Happy hunting! And I look forward to seeing you on your stream! <3

Im S0fa King

02-21-2013

He seems pretty nice. Yesterday there was a period when he had only one viewer watching his stream, and he was teaching him/her various things about the game in what was basically a one-on-one video chat help session.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

isn't there a rule that you need to be friends with someone for a long period of time before you can gift?
something about preventing people from stealing?

XxAngelVIIxX

02-21-2013

There are a lot more nice people in this community than ass-hats.... It's just that the trolls are so much louder. =P

This is actually a really friendly community. Especially on the forums, trolling gets stomped on pretty quickly.

Bellmaker33

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAngelVIIxX View Post
There are a lot more nice people in this community than ass-hats.... It's just that the trolls are so much louder. =P

This is actually a really friendly community. Especially on the forums, trolling gets stomped on pretty quickly.
"Troll' is overused as a term when you think about the classic gamer-troll definition of 0/50/0 Teemo building 30 wards and 50 red pots.

BUT it's an effective term for ass-hats since you can't say that too much without some form of reprimand.

For forum troll-stomping...it's mostly just that we, the nicer people, are better at trolling them than they are at trolling us. It's entertaining to troll a troll.

@OP - I gotta check it out!

F1CT10N NA

02-21-2013

Unfortunately, there appears to be a 'waiting period' of around 2 weeks when I can actually gift, which was longer than anticipated I genuinely wanted to do a spontaneous act of kindness for new players because I knew when I first started playing that I didnt have a lot of champions so I didn't get to enjoy the game as much as I did now. If the gifting centre is still open when I can gift I promise to do so. I understand why the rule is in place and I really am sorry that I did not think this whole idea through. However I'd be more than willing to offer help to new players and play some games with them. I actually really enjoy helping people out.

F1CT10N NA

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Squidy View Post
Not entirely sure if I'm exactly new by your definition but I have really wanted to get Sona for awhile but I've been trying to get my runes filled up so I'm kinda stuck, if you'd rather give more to newer players that's cool just thought I'd give it a shot.

Also will check out your stream next time your on. Do you stream certain roles or like pubs or what?
I dont particularly play any role all the time- I think being a balanced player is important. If people request I play a certain role I will obviously try and give them all the advice I can- plying top lane is my worst role for example, I would explain exactly what I am doing wrong and how people can prevent making mistakes like me. I am in no means a perfect player but I think thats quite beneficial because people can actually learn how to prevent mistakes and improve overall

F1CT10N NA

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im S0fa King View Post
He seems pretty nice. Yesterday there was a period when he had only one viewer watching his stream, and he was teaching him/her various things about the game in what was basically a one-on-one video chat help session.
Yep. I like to do that quite frequently- going into custom games and explaining is a lot better than trying to explain it with words because it gives a clearer picture of the map. I might be wrong but I think the community tends to forget that new players are going through what they went through when they first started- unless you have a natural talent for the game you are not going to know the optimal places to ward etc.