Fiora - S3 Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shots FlRED

02-20-2013

How viable is Fiora as a jungler in the present meta? I haven't played her at all since Season 2 but decided to give her a shot while I am practicing on improving my jungling abilities and am thinking that she is decent in the present jungle. So far my ranked jungle games with her have been: 16/4/3, 9/4/8, 10/5/11, 7/2/3, and 2/7/0. The 2/7/0 was pretty horrific and indicated that I should probably log off and go to bed since I have to be up for work in five hours (yes I am addicted to this game). I also tried her one game in top lane but had a very difficult time against a garen (went 2/3/0).

I'm going to be experimenting a bit more with her in the jungle but was just curious as to what other peoples thoughts are on her in the present meta -- I am thinking she is likely pretty viable with the right team composition but haven't put enough thought into it to figure that out yet. I'm also going to try experimenting with some different builds on her as I've pretty much been going glass cannon and can definitely taste the squishiness (I've been going brutalizer - black clever - tiamet - hydra). Thinking about throwing in a warmogs but I think she would likely still be too squishy to really benefit from it.

Any feedback is appreciated...

Splorchess

02-20-2013

She can jungle, but low level she is extremely squishy and can be easily counter jungled by most common junglers. You will eat your pots on the first clearing. She has no cc, no slow, and just enough stick to get like 3 hits, but if the enemy has boots first which most do you'll waste your time without a red buff. Most mids can eat you alive at levels past level 4, you will want to avoid them like the plague. Once you hit level 6 your only options are the squishies at bottom lane, or perhaps if they have a very terrible middle. Past maybe bronze league I'd say I honestly never care to see fiora on my team as she contributes only in cases where she has been fed to an extreme, and at that point there are many other people I would rather see than her.

As an alternate thought Xin is almost exactly like her in jungling, except he doesn't naturally suck at it. He has a gap closer like fiora, but it slows which helps the team. His q builds up excessive easy damage early levels and on the third hit launches the person, which helps cc for the team. He has higher passive life regen in the jungle, his attack speed buff is near equal, and his ult does 15% + damage of everyone he hits, which in the current meta is better than Fiora hitting each person once for like 150 damage in a team fight, or possibly taking 1 stun nuke and dying outright because at level 18 she has teemo like survivability. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Alvan Yakatori

02-20-2013

Late game fiora is the most annoying thing once she gets life steal.

Peligrad

02-20-2013

Fiora jungle is pretty bad. And by pretty bad I really mean complete trash.

Her ganks are sub-par, and her clear speed is sub-par and her late game is sub-par because she's a melee carry.

So she isn't particularly good at anything. The only thing that she's half decent at is back dooring. But Yi is better since he can escape with his ult better.

IonDragonX

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Fiora jungle is pretty bad. And by pretty bad I really mean complete trash.
Have to agree. Nothing in her kit says "jungler" to me.

Dthehunter

02-20-2013

Quote:
As an alternate thought Xin is almost exactly like her in jungling, except he doesn't naturally suck at it. He has a gap closer like fiora, but it slows which helps the team. His q builds up excessive easy damage early levels and on the third hit launches the person, which helps cc for the team. He has higher passive life regen in the jungle, his attack speed buff is near equal, and his ult does 15% + damage of everyone he hits, which in the current meta is better than Fiora hitting each person once for like 150 damage in a team fight, or possibly taking 1 stun nuke and dying outright because at level 18 she has teemo like survivability. Just my thoughts on the matter.
So unbelievably true.

67chrome

02-20-2013

I'd probably take her top lane or middle, having to grab smite when you have 0 utility is something that's pretty hard felt, especially if you're used to cutting things to ribbons in Dominion.

The best Jungler guide I've seen on her recommend grabbing life steal quintessenses if you really want to go that route - which I'm saving up for ATM, as it seems like a good idea on her. From my trial-runs jungling her she seems to have slower clear speeds than I'd expect from someone with a focus in single-target damage, and her passive not stacking against jungle monsters makes sustaining through the first few clears a bit of a challenge. With some level of life steal she can at least farm relatively well without having to run back to base constantly. Ganks are also relatively hard to pull of with her as well - as pretty much any CC effect at all prevents you from catching someone, what with that short-ranged gap closer and movement speed reliance to chase.

Top lane guides I've seen tend to recommend going largely in the defensive tree on Fiora, so you get that early-game survivability she desperately needs without having to stray from the glass cannon builds that synergize with her the best.

I've generally found Lunge is the ability everyone recommend ranking first as well - with the bursty nature of most champion and the ease your attack speed and auto-attacks can get shut down you're better off with the burst first. I've been ranking it to level 2 in Dominion most the time I play her, but with the new itemization I'm thinking I'll start going Lunge first now as well. Most of the auto-attack items that were good in season 2 on Fiora are either **** or used better by everyone else now, rather than Fiora being able to use things like Executioner's Calling and Black Cleaver more optimally than basically everyone else. Black Cleaver is still good on her, and usually what people tend to be grabbing first on her - she does really have excessive cooldown times at the moment, and needs all the cooldown reduction she can get. Youmuu's Ghostblade is a good alternative, but mostly if you can get away with auto-attacking to kill things rather than the Lunge+auto+lunge+auto combo you generally have to use now.

She is actually pretty solid in team fights though, most people underestimate how useful her ultimate really is in that situation and how well she can navigate through them. I'm pretty sure one of my best games with her was an ARAM actually, were I got to Godlike and forgot to pick up boots. She does operate rather similarly to Poppy in that regard - were she can turn into a monster when she has items. Her problems there lie mostly in the team composition, were Fiora ends up working rather well in tandem with other champions that also have hard-counters but excel in doing one thing well, rather than with jack-of-all-trades champions like Lee Sin or Ezreal that really don't have counters, at least not ones that don't apply to pretty much everyone else that does their job. The other problem with Fiora in team fights is the actual tanking capabilities on your team - as tanky champions typically go top lane or jungle - so having a tankier mid like Galio or Morganna and/or a tanky support like Blitzcrank, Taric, or Leona is more or less necessary to pull off the team fights. It's not that hard to make melee champions like Evelynn, Poppy, and Talon work - you just generally want a rather distracting and intimidating front-line so you can get to work.

Mythuniend

02-21-2013

I like using jungle fiora. she can clear the camps fairly quickly, he passive helps a little with sustain. if you buy wriggles then you have some decent sustain. The worst part of fiora jungle are he ganks. they are terrible since her lunge has very little range. other than that I think she is an OK jungler, but definitely not the best

Peligrad

02-21-2013

The worst part about jungle Fiora is that her passive only gets 1 stack and it sucks on top to begin with.

Her ganks are bad.

Her clear speed is nothing special until mid game.

She's mana hungry and has to start blue.

She gets counter jungled because she's slow and not safe and despite being the grand duelist she's a bad duelist early game.

Her team fight contribution is basically nothing.

She has no escapes so if a gank goes poorly she just dies.

If she gets behind she is useless.

If you steal her 1st blue she is useless.

Her mobility in the jungle is bad.

And she's easy to ward against because she can't wall hop or go invisible or close from long distances or reach insane move speed.

Other than that, she's a great jungler...

Ganda360

02-21-2013

She has been my main for a good amount of time and i can tell that her jungle is pretty lame. Its not a very good champ, a lot of others do better than her in top lane and she isnīt that much of a carry even if fed. If u wana play her go top and abuse her starting ad to last hit and harras ur oponent a little bit while sustaining urself with lifsteal. Play hers as a riven, get in do dmg and get out. I have been able to kill strong champs like olaf, teemo, darius etc but you will just be able to win if u outplay your oponent you won,t have a lot of easy match ups like gankplank. Its a fun champ when u get into it, so try it, i recomend double dorans blade and then hydra it fits perfectly with her gameplay. With her ad there would be no excuse to miss a last hit so use that in your favor to outfarm an oponent you canīt kill.