Meanwhile in Australia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Close Game Life

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veraw View Post
I'm not sure who told me this, but apparently ISP reroute all information towards USA, including traffic bound to Asia, meaning your information has to go to USA then to Asia first. This was done because of the majority of information that would be accessed would be from USA and this actually improves speed within the internet.
Almost makes sense, I've heard something similar except traffic to Japan seems to take the direct route because they return ping of around 160..

Heard of new plans to improve trans-tasman networking by end of 2014 but it's not like that's any helpful at all..

Pyrodruid

02-19-2013

So you wish us to stop asking for an Australian server because we're geographically isolated?

Let me rephrase that. You wish as to stop asking for a server that would bypass our geographical isolation?

Our local network is fine (this is a little iffy, I say it because we have a national fiber network being rolled out over the next few years).

Further more, should we start having servers and larger infrastructure revolving around the internet this may lead to further lines into and out of Australia being installed.

TL;DR: your argument sums up to "Your net is ****, stop trying to improve it or work around its flaws"

Berivik

02-19-2013

Hey OP whenever I see you in a game now I am going to instalock a champion that requires really good ping to play with e.g. Ali, Oriana, Twisted fate. Straya mate, get some yank.

Akaneiro

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berivik View Post
Hey OP whenever I see you in a game now I am going to instalock a champion that requires really good ping to play with e.g. Ali, Oriana, Twisted fate. Straya mate, get some yank.
Remember to laugh like "m8m8m8m8m8m8m8m8m8m8m8" when he rages.

Torwulf

02-19-2013

I'm still trying to figure out why the state of our intercontinental telecommunications came up in a discussion about a local server farm...

Sir Jags

02-19-2013

Seems like you put ALOT of effort into a post full of logical fallacies and assumptions, enjoy the downvotes.

Doublefoxx

02-19-2013

tfw someone with every benefit in the world is telling people that don't have said benefits to stop requesting equality.

ha.

Worst Noct NA

02-19-2013

ever heard of valve? they host literally thousands of servers for hundreds of online games.

HeadShot305

02-19-2013

Wait, not having many lines to the USA is a reason NOT to have a server in Australia?

/logic

1dy

02-19-2013

yes, thankyou for pointing out we are isolated from everyone else and as such, require the local server more than other countries