Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

new ranking system sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungGoN4v5

02-21-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:
runescape272: im really good player
runescape272
runescape

I see the problem here.

Also, your main...
Games: 85
K: 5/game
D: 4.8/game
A: 11.6/game
CS: 111.4/game

You never farm on your main (Lux), and really you shouldn't be close enough to use DFG. Almost ever.
And clarity...

Switch to Barrier, Clairvoyance, Heal, Exhaust, Teleport etc (Lux doesn't need Clarity or Ignite) so it is more beneficial to take something that scales better into lategame / a utility spell.

Legit advice for you:
Stop building DFG
Start building Rabadons
Stop building Morello's (unless fighting Mundo/Healers etc.. even then, meh)
Start building Chalice
Stop not farming minions
Start farming minions

Try all of the above, see how much better you do.

Ditto

Juicester

02-21-2013

Quote:
runescape272:
im really good player over all but i tend to get super bad teams every time.. im mean i cant even rank up and when i do i fall back down a rank right away .. i mean really im going stop playing this ****.. how am i suppost to rank up with people rage quitting and trolling all day... their needs to be a new patch for the system to make it easy to join with ppl your skill level more than join with ppl who are going to feed and quit half way through.... i thought rank was to prove your skill not die a billion times

The second you say you're a really good player but your teams are bad all the time it means that you, also, are bad. If you said something like, "I'm a decent player, but my teams are full of trolls and people who rage constantly." then the community could believe you.

YoungGoN4v5

02-21-2013

Does anyone really believe that their games are always filled with trolls and afkers? I feel like that is a sort of spur of the moment things

CiT0

02-21-2013

dont jungle with lux would be a start, when other players offer you advice dont start to bring excuses take it in and apply it instead of ignoring it. It really irks me when advice is given and someone just goes on a rant and ignores it.

Sterring

02-21-2013

Or you're just bad. My friend

runescape272

02-21-2013

Quote:
but good luck working your way back up, i know it feels hard with the way lp works but as long as you win more than you lose you will go up

yeah right how is he suppost to do that when he alway getting match with noobs im mean idk how well he plays but still ranking system need be fixed.. im tired of getting match with ppl who suck.. i just got done playing a game the enemy team had two AFK then the rejoin half way through top fed and juggler fed both fed the top enemy player 17 and 3 he went... so bad what i get all the time as team mates plz my skill suck becuz other make it that way.. why its a TEAM NOT SOLO games one person cant hold a team together while the other feed like crazy unless the reallllyy suck... normal **** to many leavers yesterdsay join 8 lobby becuz ppl kept wanting mid and i wasnt even calling anything spots so stupid...

angryWelchMan

02-21-2013

Just as a reference, I main support and after being placed in bronze two like three weeks ago, I just qualified for the series to get up to silver (I know itll take me a few times to beat the serries cause it took 4 times to go from b2 to b1) playing only 2-5 ranked games a day and somedays not playing any. So it is possible.

In all those games there have been maybe 5 people go afk and they have been evenly split between for and against me. For most of the "newbs" and bad players it really easy to work around them. For instance I (as adc) had a sona support in a ranked game who said nothing the whole time except "sup" in champ select. She kept AAing minnions and put down almost no wards. However I still went 1 and 1 in lane and beat the enemy MF in CS during lane phase. The sona then refused to group up and wouldnt help with turrets or baron/dragon. However we as a team just adapted to what she did (if she want to split push we held off our attacks and poked it out a bit) We won the game. Granted that was in normals but the same thing happens in ranked a lot

Wåkå ƒløckå

02-21-2013

i guess what i am curious about is why i can win 4 games in succession and only gain 3 points for each, then lose 2 and be losing 18 each loss
i dont understand how this work seeing as when i win the players on the opposition are often 2 or 3 tiers ahead of me.

angryWelchMan

02-21-2013

Wåkå ƒløckå It because your MMR is a bellow that nessecary for gold
However checking at LolKing it looks like your really close to the necessary MMR so the LP clinch should stop soon and your match history shows mostly upper silvers with a few low golds so thats about normal

chase2426

02-22-2013

I'm sorry noob question here, but what does MMR stand for?