Feeling Discouraged

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P1lgr1m

02-20-2013

Kayle support is really fun if you want to stick with support, but she also works top.
Leona really feels like your helping your team, not just a walking aura. If you can pull her off well it feels like the enemy team is just target practice for your stuns.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-20-2013

I tried out vi, maokai, blitzcrank, and leona, and i feel that leona and maokai are quite fitting to me, and might i good replacement for nautilus, since my friends say that i suck with nautilus. They told me that jax was the way to go, because i can turn games around with jax, and he is ok, his skills are op, bur after playing with him for so long, i thought it was time to try out new champs, and experience a new level of skill in games

Ghostvoider Rick

02-20-2013

I might consider buying either maokai or leona, because i haven't tried their versatility during a game, so i need to do some testing on that...

Ghostvoider Rick

02-21-2013

I saw the quinn and valor release, and i might consider also, but my friends told me that jax is always a great option, so i will main jax until i find another supportive yet really good 1v1 duelist

Peligrad

02-21-2013

Supports are enablers and disablers...not killers.

If you want to kill things, support is not the role for you...with the exception of maybe Alistar or Blitz who can lock people down in turret range. and get them killed.

But even with Blitz and Ali, you aren't going to 1v1 an enemy champion (except their support) on equal footing.

Supports give vision by warding, they protect their allies with heals, shields, auras, and CC and they screw over enemy players with well timed CC and by giving away their position with wards.

Support is a very important role but damage dealing isn't a huge part of it past the early game.

Now champions like Naut, and Maok who deal good damage and are beefy are ment to be junglers. And a jungler who's doing well can dish out damage and kill people...

Ghostvoider Rick

02-21-2013

I do want to support, but i am in mixed roles during a game, because most of the games that I have been in, I have carrying, but I also help out team mates when they are being pushed back, and I feel as if I am supporting all the time, but somehow yet carrying the game. I put out wards for people, and help people get kills, but somehow i manage to carry the team to victory, even when I plan on playing support, so that is why every time I play Jax, that happens......

Ghostvoider Rick

02-21-2013

I am quite mixed-up in my mind on which champion to get because I don't think that Jax is for me, because I have been playing him wrong probably, because most of my friends are lv 30, and the reason that they are lv 30 was because I was pretty pro with Jax, and they wanted me to play Jax because of the fact that they thought that I would be a master duelist player, but I wanted to master Nautilus, but that didn't end too well, because even after 3 months of practicing, I still suck with him, and it wasn't working out too well.... So I would like help as to which champions I should try out and see if they work out, because Maokai is a strong pick for me, and he is quite versatile for a tank.

Feefeekiller

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Taric seems perfect.
I appreciate this

Spexray

02-21-2013

If you don't LIKE a champion, is winning a lot as them really worth it? Like I can faceroll across a top lane as Darius or Teemo, but on the grounds that I hate both of those champions and every mehanic they offer, I never play as them. So as I play as them less and less, and even more frequently play the champions I ACTUALLY like, there is a lot of overlap between my favorite champions and the champions I am best at, and that means I can bring some of my favorite champions into ranked play. ex: Janna is my favorite champ, and she is my prefferred support. Kennen was the first champ I played, and he and Zyra are the only 2 mids I trust in a ranked game (except sometimes urgot, another of my favorites, but he's usually top.) There are some exceptions, such as if I feel our team lacks damage, I'll take Xin over Maokai in the jungle, even though Xin's kina simplistic. Basically, in ranked games, yes you will sometimes have to choose the champions that you're best at over your favorites, but the more you practice in nomals with champs you like, the more you will WIN with the champs you like, and build a kind of trust with your favorites.

On another note, I salute you for being one of the few summoners that prefer support. The League needs more people like you.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-21-2013

Thx for the comment Spexray, and I really like playing support more than carrying because it is too much for me when i end up being the carry, because i have to tell people to go here and there, and im not a great leader, so even though we win when a play jax, we barely win. And also every game, and get like 5 kills but between 20-30 assists so, i am very interested in playing someone that is supportive, but not too popular that i woould have a high chance of meeting the same guy on the other team.