Feeling Discouraged

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-19-2013

I had a match on Sunday, and at this point, my friends were already lv 30, but I was only lv 20, so the duration of the match, I kept dying, and I knew that I had begun to become noob when compared to my friends. I really don't know why, but I decided to play support, and my friends i was really good at it because i gave them kills, and i placed wards all over the map, so they knew where the enemy was. I feel sorta sad though because I was playing Nautilus that match, and my friends told me that he wasn't for me, and said that I should play jax, because i always carried with him in every game. Jax is decent, but he is a bit popular, and I just feel sad because the only skillset that i offer to a team is placing wards, keeping people alive, fight 1 on 1, and helping my teammates get kills, but thats it, so I was wondering which champion might I fit the best with?

ReasonablyInsec

02-19-2013

Taric seems perfect.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-19-2013

The fact that you can play jax but you can't play nautilus is not abnormal but the fact that it shakes your confidence in your skills tells me that you have experienced something very new. Too new. Long story short, support is a role that tends to require you to understand the game very well. I think this is like when you go from playing monopoly to playing chess then you go back to monopoly wondering why the game feels different because you sense an entirely new layer of depth to the game.

There are this many squares, the odds of rolling this and that, understanding that sketchy move they just made... its not just a fun random game anymore. Its a strategy game now and youre playing to win.

But that aside if you want to feel involved AND be able to play a support role on a champ like jax, a fighter champ, I think you should try vi, garen, nunu, blitzcrank, or maokai. Maokai is a tank but he participates heavily in fights. These are what I like to call heavy supports and all of them except maybe blitz tend to easily fill roles other than support as well

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

blitzcrank. if u master him u drag in free kills for ur team.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-19-2013

i might try out vi and maokai, and blitzcrank

Ghostvoider Rick

02-19-2013

lately, though, experiencing that whole new level of gaming skills has really sadden me, because here i am, suddenly faced with the fact that i need to step up my game, and i can't play nautilus because i completely suck with him. I have been forced to play with jax in order to play efficiently with my friends, which saddens me, because jax is just not fun to me.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvoider Rick View Post
lately, though, experiencing that whole new level of gaming skills has really sadden me, because here i am, suddenly faced with the fact that i need to step up my game, and i can't play nautilus because i completely suck with him. I have been forced to play with jax in order to play efficiently with my friends, which saddens me, because jax is just not fun to me.
jax is more fun once you understand the game more.

example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_oXaGZQMYA

Alabyss

02-19-2013

Well, lets put things in to perspective with Nautilus; He isn't a tough champ at all, whats tough about him is he has that ONE skillshot. It's not really like Ezreal where everything is intense aiming. The other thing might be just choosing who to ult, but that's just point and click and normally you would either ult the AD carry or someone who is running away. I'm most likely banking of the fact that your missing the skill-shot, so I would suggest practicing with the skill-shot, and sticking with Nautilus. Remember, Nautilus is support/tank so having a good game is going to be determined by your assist and how many times you've saved lives, as long as you've done everything in your power. Trust me, the next time their running away and are about to die, land a pull or an ult on the enemy and you'll most likely get the respect you want from them.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-19-2013

Well, i am not playing nautilus anymore unfortunately, and the reason that i play jax is that i am honestly quite skilled with him, and the reason that he is not fun anymore is that in the past, i used him so many times, and i eventually got bored with him. I got to the point where i became a hypercarry and would turn games around.

MMHSTerror

02-20-2013

Jax's skillset is pretty OP, that's why it is easy to carry with him.