How do you play DOTA 2??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aircross

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi guy View Post
I don't think you really get it. When a player snowballs in Dota he sets the enemies back and the gap in items, lvls, gold becomes massive. Way more snowballing than lol.
A team in Dota 2 with a 15k gold advantage is not as ahead of their enemy as a team in LoL with a 15k gold advantage. Read that post I cited.

JollyRedmane

02-21-2013

Aircross, most people that speak as though they know Dota 2 (definitely anyone that says the game "Snowballs") is regurgitating the bull**** they read from others.

I.E: I know you've played QUITE a few matches (AT LEAST 100+ Possibly 200+, possibly many more) or have done quite a bit of research. yoshi guy on the other hand, is just a fanboy who can only spit out what he's heard from others. I'm also willing to bet that in dota 2, he calls lanes and insta picks a carry, then after losing the match, blames his team, OP heroes, Snowballing, etc.

FYI YOSHI GUY: If the enemy in your lane got fed, YOU f*cked up. Dont instalock Anti-Mage then expect to win when you can't even break 100 cs. Dont pick Sniper AFTER a teammate locks in Slark to counter the enemy pudge/mirana/etc in midlane. And for the love of Jesus TF Christ, Don't play Dota 2, not even at the lowest MM level, until you've read hero guides for at least the 50 most common heroes and/or have played 100+ bot matches. Having experience in LoL converts to you knowing f*ck all about dota 2. Brand new action RTS players will do better than you. Thats fact. They dont have any bad habits to break.

ThatVayneGuy

02-22-2013

You don't. LOL

Ten Inch Rooster

02-22-2013

Basically you need an constant intake of caffeine. DotA 2 will test your ability to stay awake. You know how in LoL fights are fast and fun and last hitting is responsive? Yeah, none of that happens in DotA 2. You'll notice in DotA 2 there is a system where if someone goes idle after a while they will let you safely leave the game. These people aren't actually afk, rather they've just fallen asleep at their keyboard (happened to me twice in the middle of the day). You know how sometimes in LoL if you're support and you have a farm lane match up it can get kind of boring? That's the maximum excitement level in DotA 2 unfortunately.

IS1d89a4d7a8ba5a2d1bd0a

02-22-2013

You play it with a mouse and keyboard.

IS1d89a4d7a8ba5a2d1bd0a

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster View Post
Basically you need an constant intake of caffeine. DotA 2 will test your ability to stay awake. You know how in LoL fights are fast and fun and last hitting is responsive? Yeah, none of that happens in DotA 2. You'll notice in DotA 2 there is a system where if someone goes idle after a while they will let you safely leave the game. These people aren't actually afk, rather they've just fallen asleep at their keyboard (happened to me twice in the middle of the day). You know how sometimes in LoL if you're support and you have a farm lane match up it can get kind of boring? That's the maximum excitement level in DotA 2 unfortunately.
Not sure if never played dota 2 or just stupid.

Possibly both.