Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot please change Quinn's name back to Quinn and Valor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Town hall

Recruiter

02-19-2013

It gives more of the hunter and pet feeling that you were going for! It really makes it feel like you're playing two champions instead of one!

If you had the name Quinn and Valor, it'd have the partnership between Quinn and Valor seem neater!

Eternal Demøn

02-19-2013

No, no, no, no. Quinn is good as it is. Lets keep it that way. If they wanted to make that name, they shouldve done with Sejuani and Nunu, It wouldnt make sense now. I feel like Quinn is the champion that needs to be underlined and not valor.

Town hall

Recruiter

02-19-2013

It made her unique, however.

Ninth Belief

02-19-2013

Bring it back.

AngryFlames

02-19-2013

I kinda like Quinn and Valor, it had a more unique feel to it.

dafedidi

02-19-2013

I like Quinn. Anyway, nobody was going to call her Quinn and Valor.

YurdleTheTurtle

02-19-2013

I prefer Quinn and Valor, though I can see why sticking with just Quinn works.

People make the argument that certain other champions should be renamed. I disagree however as Quinn's kit is different. It uses Valor as opposed to being just an accessory.

For example: Swain and Beautrice. The bird isn't significant, it is simply an accessory except when firing his Q spell. In addition, when transformed, he has multiple birds attacking. There is no real uniqueness to that.
Mounted champions like Nunu and Sejuani: Also not significant. Their mounts are part of the champion as opposed to separate entities. They're always attached to each other so they're really just one entity.

On the other hand, Riot may want to just stick with Quinn to avoid confusion/increase clarity (In the end, you're still only playing "one" champion). So while I prefer Q&V, it's very likely going to end up just Quinn based on this.

Soiyeruda

02-19-2013

Quote:
IcyColdDude:

If you had the name Quinn and Valor, it'd have the partnership between Quinn and Valor seem neater!

The partnership where Valor only sometimes appears to peck a target, gets ordered to charge the enemy, can be playable as with the condition that Quinn completely disappears and doesn't interact with him, and is otherwise completely out of sight?

Quote:
People make the argument that certain other champions should be renamed. I disagree however as Quinn's kit is different. It uses Valor as opposed to being just an accessory.
I'm going to be perfectly honest, Valor feels like an accessory to me. Being able to control him about 10% of the time isn't much reason to give him emphasis in the champion name.