Going against Caitlyn, how to play against her?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sneak Thief

02-19-2013

Caitlyns laning phase imo is broken, traps all the bushes, great escape, great poke, absurd range advantage.

Draven is my top pick for adc, I ONLY play him unless under speical circumstances because I am too used to having his damage.

She counters my pick in everyway I am aware, but I need to know how to counter her playstyle wise.

(Bot lane is my worst role both adc and support)

I need to learn to face this overused champ

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
Caitlyns laning phase imo is broken
She might have the range, but she is vulnerable to ALL IN

All Draven has to do is get his double axe up, then run all in against Caitlyn. Her damage is mainly from her Q, you have a speed buff to dodge it, while your AS steroid with double axes will allow you to outdamage her.

Key: Never get poke for free + go all in.

Míley Dyrus

02-19-2013

Caitlyn's strength is her poke, but if you can get a Taric/Leona/Thresh/Blitz stun on her, you'll burst her down in no time.

M4nTiCoR3

02-20-2013

She has a hard time standing toe to toe early as many have pointed out. She is stictly a poke champion early on. An all in early can work, but you have to be careful. Time it just after she wastes her head shot on a minion so it wont be up in your attempt. Use a pot as you engage to maximize your survivability. Coordinate with your support. Net has a long cooldown, so fiegning and catching her on a reengage can limit her escapability.

If you have a steriod you should out trade her in a toe to toe fight. Her Q is next to useless except to tahg you for a killing blow if you retreat. If she charges it make her pay by landing evetything you can while she is immobile and possibly burning flash to dodge it if it will secure the kill.

Beware if she lanes with certain supports. Ones like Nunu and Nami can be brutal becayse they provide her with a steroid buff that can swing thinhs back into her court.

The Sneak Thief

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
She might have the range, but she is vulnerable to ALL IN

All Draven has to do is get his double axe up, then run all in against Caitlyn. Her damage is mainly from her Q, you have a speed buff to dodge it, while your AS steroid with double axes will allow you to outdamage her.

Key: Never get poke for free + go all in.
Now this I can do, ty for all of your replies.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

I like to run Sivir against Caitlyn, which means she either doesn't place traps, or she feeds me free mana.

Wiskee24

02-20-2013

I once heard from Doublelift on one of his vids that technically speaking, Kog'Maw is one of the better AD carries to pick against Caitlyn.

Aside from that, Caitlyn seems to excel at poking. Caitlyn players can mess up her yordle trap or net (or panic and not use them at all) when she gets dived, especially with below par Caitlyn players. Sometimes the net just doesn't do the trick, and the gankers catch up with her anyways.

When Caitlyn players use correct positioning in team fights, she can pick off players ez. Dives and CC seem to be the best option.

TrappedDreams

02-21-2013

See the thing with cait is her early game poke. I love playing vayne, but cait is a major counter to me. O.o

The thing I have learned while playing a vayne vs cait matchup is how to dodge the skillshots. You have to watch her for the animation when she will shoot her piltover peacemaker. Easily spotted, and if you spot it, easily dodged. If you see that she is using it from a bush, tell your support to ward the bush so you can keep dodging the q and wasting her mana.

The other thing that I learned while playing vayne is how to capitalize on the cast time of cait's Q. While she is stretching her arm and shooting the Q, she cant move! So the best thing to do at a time like that is either go in and stun her, or (if u dont have a stun) ask your support to stun her. Its pretty much a secure kill.

Great Pyrenees

02-21-2013

First of all NEVER play MF against a Caitlyn as Caitlyn is the OTB counter to her. Unless you are in a team where MF is a intergral part of the comp ... and your a professional MF player ... and your support can murder her. I have seen Ezreals, Corkies and Vaynes destroy Caitlyn so practice one of those.

Dpaladinx

02-21-2013

Caitlyn has the poke, but her burst is really bad. Your best bet is to pair up with an uber aggressive support (Leona, Taric, Volibear, Nunu, and Thresh) and an adc that can outburst her in damage during the laning phase (my favorite is Tristana since if you max W first, her early game burst damage is insane. Oh and she will outrange Caitlyn eventually). Or as other say, outpoke her (Kog'maw is a safer and good counter to Caitlyn). Also, start with boots and three potions since she's a skillshot based champion.