Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good graphics card giving me issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Elo

02-19-2013

Hey everyone, I have been trying to figure this out for quite a long time to no avail so I've come to people who understand troubleshooting better than I do for some help. I use to get 100+ fps on Summoners Rift and 200+ on Twisted Treeline and Proving grounds on medium-high graphics settings, now after these issues started, I get an unstable 40-60 fps on SR, TT, and PG.

One thing that I find odd is, now if I put settings on high i will get the 40-60fps, but if i put it on very low on every setting, i will still only get 40-60 fps... Typically I should get higher fps on lower settings... This leads me to believe my gpu is being throttled somehow or something. Although the only throttling I have found out in my research is due to temperature. Hopefully this information will help someone figure out what the problem is... Please computer genuises i need you!

My set up is as follows:

gpu: Intel 2nd Gen Core i7 i7-2630QM / 2.0 GHz ( 2.9 GHz ) ( Quad-Core )
cpu: Nvidia gtx 460m (very troublesome card)
resolution: 1600 x 900 ( HD+ )
4gb of ram
320gb hard drive

Not sure of ram/hard drive spec or brand, can find out if you think its necessary. Please anyone with suggestions on what to troubleshoot next let me know, I've tried everything from opening the computer to reapply thermal paste (not even a heat issue) to doing disk defrags and various driver updates.

IM DESPERATE

Doctor Elo

02-19-2013

bump

cheeser01

02-19-2013

My settings don't affect my FPS either. I can crank them and get 60FPS, or lower them all and get 60FPS