Help against Gragas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timmyy4

02-19-2013

So the thing is, I play quite a lot of AP mid, but I can't really do anything whenever I am laning against a Gragas. I do dodge quite a lot of his barrels, but half of my health bar just disappears when I get hit by 1 barrel.

So are there any champions or strategies that can counter or even shut down the fatty? Please don't say "Just dodge his barrels" because it is the same as saying "don't take damage and you won't die".

kaz1nsky

02-19-2013

A single barrel doesn't take anywhere near half your health unless you fed him.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1nsky View Post
A single barrel doesn't take anywhere near half your health unless you fed him.
if you keep going to base and he gets level advantage it can. You need to build some sustain and stay in your lane, he's a fighter champ, not a mage. He's gonna try to bully you out of lane rather than actually trying to outperform you

jubjub the great

02-20-2013

As a Gragas player, I know I'm most vulnerable after I've tossed a barrel and/or use my E. Gragas has amazing burst damage but while on cooldown he has nothing going for him

Ataahiya

02-20-2013

i have the same problem with gragas. he pokes and bursts mad hard, dash seems to be up all the time. the best ive ever done was with lux and i was able to poke him with her long range and shield myself from some of the damage from his barrels. he still still beat me in lane though. im also interested in knowing how people play against grag. just to clarify my tone here, i am not complaining, just noobly curious.

jubjub the great

02-20-2013

Gank him or let him push and when he's out of mana engage him. A mana dry Gragas is a dead Gragas

Papersuit

02-20-2013

My best suggestion is to run at him. when I have played graggy and against graggy I throw the barrels behind my opponent because most run backwards. So go forward and u should have an easier time dodging them also early game catalyst inst bad either

IonDragonX

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub the great View Post
As a Gragas player, I know I'm most vulnerable after I've tossed a barrel and/or use my E. Gragas has amazing burst damage but while on cooldown he has nothing going for him
Four Zeals + max W = troll lol lol

GiottoXIII

02-20-2013

get hp and try to dodge the barrels i main gragas and the hardest lanes i have are ppl with good cc ( lux) easiest lanes are ppl who are all burst and have unrealiable cc like (kat)

Thubgar

02-20-2013

he has a HUGE gap between barrels where he cant do anything, and he's a melee champ so you can punish his farm.

getting a little mana regen early can be a good idea, his passive will keep him in good health and you can burn out if you're playing one of the more mana troubled champs.