So riot wants yi AP now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JDuffy

02-19-2013

Meh i like AD Yi, not that there is anything wrong with AP Yi. I just dont see why they are taking away his AD on Q.

Aeziir

02-19-2013

Riot likes to make illogical garbage that also annoys people, hence Teemo. That's the reason AP Yi is even a thing.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeziir View Post
Riot likes to make illogical garbage that also annoys people, hence Teemo. That's the reason AP Yi is even a thing.
AP Yi is a thing because back when he was created, it was AD ratios for attacks (mostly) and AP ratios for spells (mostly). Very few abilities scaled on anything else, because that's how the game was balanced. AD ratios became popular around the same time that Riot started making bruisers.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-19-2013

They want to keep AD yi and lower the casting time on his heal to make AD yi better. I assume they also want to keep AP yi because the tears of crying noobs sustains them

Aeziir

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
They want to keep AD yi and lower the casting time on his heal to make AD yi better. I assume they also want to keep AP yi because the tears of crying noobs sustains them
The tears of crying noobs sustains many things. If only we could truly harness them as an energy source...UNLIMITED POWER!

Rockoutwithmy

02-19-2013

Wasn't that AD ratio being implemented for testing?
Also 300 Damage + 1*Bonus AD as magic damage, what do you even build to stop AD Yi then? If he had a strong Magic attack (That resets on kill) plus the added love of physical attacks, it'd be just like AP yi but even stronger.

Thubgar

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockoutwithmy View Post
Wasn't that AD ratio being implemented for testing?
Also 300 Damage + 1*Bonus AD as magic damage, what do you even build to stop AD Yi then? If he had a strong Magic attack (That resets on kill) plus the added love of physical attacks, it'd be just like AP yi but even stronger.
you'd still build armor. he wouldnt be the first character with AD scaling magic damage. and frankly a 1.0 AD ratio is low given its CD.
seriously, check out the AD casters. their ratios are regularly over 1.0 (panth) or they have really short CDs (zed)

besides all that, he's yi. stun him and gut him. same answer it's always been.

Yi is already strange in that the ONLY stat he can optimize on is crit chance. the only concern i can see is that his E would stack with his Q.

ReasonablyInsec

02-19-2013

I don't use either build. I use Pushmaster Yi.

Rockoutwithmy

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
you'd still build armor. he wouldnt be the first character with AD scaling magic damage. and frankly a 1.0 AD ratio is low given its CD.
seriously, check out the AD casters. their ratios are regularly over 1.0 (panth) or they have really short CDs (zed)

besides all that, he's yi. stun him and gut him. same answer it's always been.

Yi is already strange in that the ONLY stat he can optimize on is crit chance. the only concern i can see is that his E would stack with his Q.
Can't take the CD Reset out of the picture, thats the problem, Panth and Zed might have better AD scaling, but Alpha strike, hitting potentially 4/5 of the enemy team for huge damage plus having it reset if one of them dies while hes using Highlander? The potential damage is stupidly high for someone who can also fall back on his auto attacks, unlike AP yi.

He could be changed to be a better assassin (CC Reduction/immunity beyond slows during ult to nuke hazardous targets) but giving him high aoe damage is not the way.

Dunkin Demon

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockoutwithmy View Post
Can't take the CD Reset out of the picture, thats the problem, Panth and Zed might have better AD scaling, but Alpha strike, hitting potentially 4/5 of the enemy team for huge damage plus having it reset if one of them dies while hes using Highlander? The potential damage is stupidly high for someone who can also fall back on his auto attacks, unlike AP yi.

He could be changed to be a better assassin (CC Reduction/immunity beyond slows during ult to nuke hazardous targets) but giving him high aoe damage is not the way.
lol I actually didn't think of that. If Yi stacked enough ad, like multiple bloodthirsters, he could just last hit kills with alpha and wreck.