Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Not Opening After Champion Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NKL2K2

02-19-2013

Since the last patch I have been having trouble opening my LoL. First, after clicking the main Play button, the login screen would no open. I have fixed this by re-patching. Now that I can actually login, when ever I start a game, champion select works as normal, I chose my champion, then when the game goes to load, it minimizes, and leave a tab at the bottom, which when opens says "Game still in progress" I have search the forums for answers to this and have found threads with the same problem. I have tried disabling my firewall & antivirus. I have re-patched, and repaired, but this problem is still happening.

The only thing left to do is a complete reinstall of LoL, but as this game is a huge to download, I would prefer to find a way to fix this problem.

NKL2K2

02-19-2013

Also, I have only been trying in custom games as not to disturb other players matches.

Sam Tarly

02-19-2013

Add to my thread. There's a handful of others having this problem -.-

thedushn

04-30-2013

same problem here,i was playing a game and it bugged out so i went to task manager to end it.when i wanted to reconnect the was a new patch about 10 mb.the game was lost and i tried an other one but i couldnt start.after champion select it just went to game still in progress without the reconnect button.after i reloged i tried to reconnect but it was still the same the league logo popped up and then disappeared and then it was game still in progress.Riot help