instead of a nerf lets teach the community how to deal with Darius.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiIipz View Post
The change seems allright to me. not having the ult up 24/7 but still being able to get the resets in.

They are doing the same to him as they did with riven: change the ulti so it isn't up every time you come to lane to prevent darius from snowballing too hard. good approach imo.
darius doesnt snowball because of his ult lol. He snowballs cuz people suck. Now he's gonna wait before he just dunks noobs sending them crying to the forums. OAo riot I lost to darius nerf moar plox

BlackIronBeast

02-19-2013

I agree with most of what was said but I don't really consider Mordekaiser to be a good counter against Darius. He needs to be in melee range to make good use of his Q and W and his E is the same range (if not, a little shorter maybe) than Darius' pull. Darius' passive chews away at Mordekaiser's passive, especially in their early game.

Nea De Penserhir

02-19-2013

Tried for 6 months.

Didn't work.

At some point, I just stopped caring.

Shiftless

02-19-2013

Time to bring out the garens and make him the new forums QQ champ!

Oz SammyD X

02-19-2013

Or we could just do what all the noobs do, make hundreds of threads about Darius being underpowered, oh well looks like Darius is gonna be trash tier now, lets just hope the changes don't go live, all honesty I think Riot were just fed up with all the "nerf Darius" threads, only reason why he would get nerfed it seems.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

except having a full reset on a champion with true damage is just overwealming the new changes won't really be affecting anyone who used to get those triple-pentas cause u still have 12 seconds to cast it after a kill.

Kimimaro49

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papersuit View Post
Passive-Hemorrage. this is more of a scary lane passive, if not careful you will find your self easily killed, also something that many players forget is that Darius gains movement speed for every champ with a bleed counter on them, if you have bleeds on you back up heal some and wait
An obvious point, however it does not change the fact that all of darius bleed stacking abilities are up when the bleeding runs out.
Quote:
Decimate- the best way to deal with this ability is by understanding its range. its about the same as Jax's counter strike. decimate can deal a geat deal in the laning phase combined with the bleed to devastating effect, but with its low cool down a Darius player will find that if he doesn't land it he will be running out of mana very quickly. Gauging the range as well as predicting when Darius players will use it (anytime you are close and are trying to get farm) will allow you to cause Darius to not only push the lane,but also set him up for a gank, and cause him to waste mana needlessly. also remember that Decimate deals less damage if you are hit by the handle then the blade so run toward him at first not away.
In team fights the worst place you can fight Darius is in the jungle, he will use decimate to hit as many opponents as possible (remember this boost his movement) so that he can skirt around and hit more people. I recommend forcing team fights in lane, push a tower forcing the team to come out of the wood works, and always remember to ward as well.
The assumptiona about the range is wrong,
Jax's Diameter is 375(Source:http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jax/Ability_Details)
,Darius Radius is 425(Source:http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Darius/Ability_Details)

Also using the lower damage of the hilt as a counterplay option is pretty bad, since it is an instant spell without wind-up time and you have no time to react, sure it has it's mana costs, but this is a reason why i run Mana regen on him for Masteries.
And he can Cast it 5 times which is around 500+ damage if used correctly, with mana regen its probably 7 times and that is just one spell which is nearly guarenteed to hit.

Quote:
Crippling strike- not as good as people think I max it last because I don't like it as much, but it has a place. the slow is great for stacking bleeds because not only do you get slower, but Darius gets faster,this is a big deal because it's a surprise steroid that people forget about.
Crippling strike is the reason why you can't get close to darius to lower Q Damage, because you get hit by an AA and CS instantly when going into the hilt radius.
Quote:
Apprehend- this is the scary first part of Darius's kit if he hooks you with this there will be pain. The best way I have found and seen players deal with this is to stay far enough away or get him to use it then harass. It has about a 12 second cool down so he can use it, but if Darius misses, you have a free chance to poke him. A good side note to bring up apprehend does give Darius bonus armor pen. This is a scary thought, when seeing heavy ad Darius as it helps him deal more damage.
I agree with this.
Quote:
Noxian Guillotine- ohhhh here it is the cheese of all cheese. alright I am going to rant a little so if you don't like that skip ahead. I have seen too many Darius players using their ultimate's to deal tons of damage, but not the killing blow. Players need to understand the true damage is not what makes Darius ultimate amazing, its the fact that, if used properly it never has a F***ing cool down. No cool down, zero, nada, nothing, you can continue to use it as much as you want. Imagine a Garen ultimate with no cool down, I mean really just sit and think about it for a second, how amazing would that be. Unfortunately ( or fortunately for some people) I see too many Darius players who use their "dunks" to just deal damage and not a killing blow. I know what your thinking " well with its short cool down it will be up when you get back to lane" yeah it might, but you know whats better than a 70- 120 second cool down? No cool down at all!! And a whole hell of a lot of good a 70 second cool down is going to do you when you are in a team fight.

Ok rants over you can continue trying not to fall asleep.

So his Noxian Guillotine. this is a powerful ultimate not going to lie, but if has weaknesses that, if used properly can spell doom for a Darius. Darius is an all out Champ, a player is required to throw every thing at their opponent otherwise Darius gets to sit there and look pretty for a while. the key with the Guillotine is the bleed stacks. Remember that it deals more damage based on how many stack are on you if you run away and heal from the bleeds, he will have to bleed you all over again to get the full effect other wise you have a chance of surviving and counter attacking, or the ultimate ( which is Darius signature move) will be on cool down
You haven't arguemented for either Pro or Contra nerf here, but since you rant about the nonexistant cooldown i believe you either are on the Pro-nerf site or have a problem with your argumentation structure.
If it is the second one: The problem with Darius lies within his Snowball capacity, you might be fine on lane for quite some time, but if you make ONE Mistake, he is going to kill you and he is gonna be stronger than you everytime you were killed. Even if he used his ultimate in mid or in the jungle to grab a kill, he has the advantage. This is something that should not exist. In teamfights he can still do the same things as before, so i think the nerf is rather justified.
Quote:
Ok so let me going over some Champs I feel counter Darius in lane and/or in Team fights.

Kayle-Not only can she poke Darius effectively, her ultimate will make his ultimate go on cool down and I believe it has a shorter cool down then his allowing you to have it any time
She can't poke effectively since darius pull has more range than her ranged AAs and Reckoning drains your mana quickly and ineffeciently if you don't AA. Using heals to sustain gets you low on Mana quickly and without Mana darius wins. However the Ultimate is quite a good counter, if not the best.
Quote:
Pantheon- his harass with his spear and stun can cause a lot of frustration, and most times can force a Darius player out of lane
You still have to be very careful since you will be standing still for a while to not get pulled since you hardly got more range than darius pull.
However what is more important about pantheon is his ability to delay the 5 stack of Bleeding because of his 2 shields(1 at the start of the combo, the other through his jump), however he needs the Spears to lasthit againts darius or he will be forced out of lane
Quote:
Gangplank- same as Panth but with his Parrrrrrley. also his heal is a great way to relieve the bleed damage
Same issue as panth, if you lh through Parrrrley you will have no chance of harrasing, if you harras with Parrrley you will have no chance of Lasthitting.
Quote:
Malphite- His shield helps against the bleed also a slow helps in escaping.
This would be true if darius wouldn't have a slow himself, also you forget that Darius is the best counter against Malphite, since he deals a lot of True damage and has built in % Armor Pen, which counters Malphites main stat, Armor.
Quote:
Mordekiaser- shield = ulti on cool down
This assumes that you INSTANLY charge the whole shield, but no darius is dumb enough to fall for something like that, also you will have hard problems farming.
Quote:
Nidalee- spear, then spear some more, dodge Q, spear, auto attack, Dead
It should be impossible for Nidalee to hit all these spears without pushing the lane, who is dumb enough to stand infront of the creeps? And even if you use Ranged AA's as harrass, you will be pushing as nid.
Quote:
Olaf- I haven't played against an Olaf since the recent changes, but his kit is designed in such a way that it counteracts most of Darius abilities, got bleed? get life steal. Got slowed? Pop ulti, Darius tries to 1v1 you? take a big dump on him, most times you will win, your harass is better as well (as long as you land your under tow). Little caveat though, while Olaf is strongest at low life, this is also where Darius can shine be careful about how you deal with him, as engaging Darius is a fight to the death.
Olaf is very bad since his nerf and can't keep up with darius. You are overrating his Liefsteal, because instead of Countering Darius Bleed stacks, I would say that Darius counters Olaf's lifesteal by keeping his life low till his cd's are up again.
Quote:
Riven- her shield works wonders at mitigating bleeds and her dash allows her to clear some ground and really catch a Darius off guard.
I agree if you max Valor first.
Quote:
Rumble- good shield, decent poke, in lane poke him till he runs at you in a frenzied rage.... then spam laugh
Again: Range too low
Quote:
Singed- My favorite. I recommend just running around spamming laugh and poison trail and throwing him behind you as an escape.also late game Singed just doesn't care about Darius
Before you can fling him he will hit you 3 times, so it's still hard.
Quote:
Teemo......kinda- this is one that requires finesse. On one hand Teemo irritates any melee top lane, on the other hand hes squishy so if you let Darius get any sort of farm, there will be repercussions. by lv 6 most games I have been able to grab Teemo and make him either stay away from me. or have out right killed him.
I agree
Quote:
Tryndamere- huehuehuehue...... ultimate . when Darius goes balls out Ultimate if he's dumb you will get a Noxian Guillotine on cool down. if not its okay just bide you time
Tryn can't farm against Darius and will be on level 6 later than him so, sadly this is not working.
Quote:
Wukong- this is a tricky one, but mostly I put this one here because of the Decoy. I have forced a Darius player to ulti the clone ..... and that's funny. also Wukong's armor shred is good for all out 1v1.
I played a fair share of Wukong matches and i believe it works out with him, if he pulls you in he will not hit his ultimate or AA+W on yourself, either because he will not use it at all or because your clone eats it.
Quote:
Vladimir
Possible counter, but is kinda weak overall. Imo he can hardly keep up with AD assasins, so he will be worse after laning.

XxXFrostQueenXxX

02-20-2013

im not really sure why darius of all the op tops that need to be toned down to be inline with other tops sneeze* ****ing xin and vi sneeze wtf are you doing riot get your **** together lol xin can take most of you hp down with jsut 3 talon struck and only having + 48 bonus dmg lol.oh you want to build armor vs him lol black cleaver or last whisper and is already passive that give him 20% more pen you dont have armor. Vi same think ext he shield gives her a sheild she has amror pen and does 8% dmg to you hp all on short cd mind you and lol get a tri force and sue excessive force you will do **** dons oh dmg while still having 3.6k-4.2k hp wtf kinda **** is this riot?

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXFrostQueenXxX View Post
im not really sure why darius of all the op tops that need to be toned down to be inline with other tops sneeze* ****ing xin and vi sneeze wtf are you doing riot get your **** together lol xin can take most of you hp down with jsut 3 talon struck and only having + 48 bonus dmg lol.oh you want to build armor vs him lol black cleaver or last whisper and is already passive that give him 20% more pen you dont have armor. Vi same think ext he shield gives her a sheild she has amror pen and does 8% dmg to you hp all on short cd mind you and lol get a tri force and sue excessive force you will do **** dons oh dmg while still having 3.6k-4.2k hp wtf kinda **** is this riot?
they are more concerned with darius's design because they want to make him more interesting... cuz the other issues arent actually a big deal at all. thats just you

AricNeo

02-20-2013

@papersuit: for the record I didn't know (or had forgotten, not sure which) about the mov spd buff so thank you, try and not grow to hate the community (even if they are asses).

@CeralBoxOfDoom: they can jiggle. the artists have ways...