Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric's Shatter has the old shatter issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

02-20-2013

Why is that a problem? It creates intelligent decision making for the player.

3mptylord

02-21-2013

This has happened before, and they changed it because it was more efficient never to use Shatter.

"Passive: Taric gains 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 armor, and grants half that to nearby allies. This bonus isn't available while Shatter is on cooldown."
was changed to:
"Aura: Taric permanently grants nearby allies (including himself) 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 armor. Passive: Taric has 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 armor. This bonus isn't available while Shatter is on cooldown."

Thus, his allies always keep their bonus regardless of what Taric does.

I digress that: "Passive: Taric gains 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 armor, and grants 12% of that to nearby allies. Taric loses 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 while Shatter is on cooldown." only equates to 1.2 / 1.8 / 2.4 / 3 / 3.6 armor loss from his allies - but it's the principle, isn't it? It's definitely not "more efficient never to use Shatter" like Taric originally was, but... *shrugs* in this instance it's negligible.

Pobbes

02-22-2013

OP is complaining about spell that damaging armor debuff spell with armor/ap ratios makes allies lose 3 armor. I mean really, 3 armor? I think we can just let that one slide.

Nakage

Recruiter

02-22-2013

Quote:
Pobbes:
OP is complaining about spell that damaging armor debuff spell with armor/ap ratios makes allies lose 3 armor. I mean really, 3 armor? I think we can just let that one slide.

It's more of the principle rather than the amount. Sure it's a negligible amount, but the thing is why does it have to remove any at all?

3mptylord

02-22-2013

Quote:
Nakage:
It's more of the principle rather than the amount. Sure it's a negligible amount, but the thing is why does it have to remove any at all?

^ what he said.

FYI - I made the post before I knew the numbers/did the maths. I wasn't aware of how negligible it was, all I knew was that "Taric grants a % of his armor to allies". But think of it from another perspective - what about Rammus, Malphite, etc, they gain other benefits from armor.