Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric's Shatter has the old shatter issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

02-19-2013

Being aggressive makes his allies weaker.

(I digress that it only equates to 1.2 / 1.8 / 2.4 / 3 / 3.6 armor, but it's the same principle as last time)

namora

02-19-2013

15% of his total armor is shared with allies.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

popboyusa

02-19-2013

Quote:
namora:

i want to be cool just like you!

~Derpy popboyusa, of america

3mptylord

02-20-2013

Quote:
namora:

Yes - and when he uses Shatter he loses armor (which means his allies gain less armor).

Essentially, activating Shatter reduces both your allies and your enemies armor.

DracoNite

02-20-2013

I still don't get how the new Shatter works. Does it reduce the armor of enemies based on 15% of your armor? And does it still do magic damage based on its AP ratio?

Noric

02-20-2013

Quote:
DracoNite:
I still don't get how the new Shatter works. Does it reduce the armor of enemies based on 15% of your armor? And does it still do magic damage based on its AP ratio?

"Active: Taric shatters his armor,dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+)(+0.6)magic damage to nearby enemies and reducing their Armor by 10/15/20/25/30 for 4/4/4/4/4 seconds.Taric loses 10/15/20/25/30 Armor while Shatter is on cooldown."

Tooltip could be inaccurate but i think it has nothing to do with the new 15%/12% mechanic. Shatter still grants him a base and reduces the enemy by that base.

NeonSpotlight

Recruiter

02-20-2013

Could just be how they want it, makes him choose between higher armor for his team or lower armor for their team.

RexSaur

02-20-2013

There needs to be a trade off, cause if there isnt then you just use shatter whenever its up, theres no choice.

AdvanceRatio

02-20-2013

Shatter originally did that, but they got rid of it because it was such a problem. It felt bad playing Taric because using shatter was almost never the right decision. Either you buff your entire team (good), or debuff 1 or 2 people on their team (bad), unless you got extremely lucky and caught the entire enemy team in a shatter (unlikely given its tiny range).

I'm also concerned about how much of an overall nerf this will be. You now need 250 armor to reach his old aura potential. That's an absurd amount or armor to be built on a support.

The McSmashy

02-20-2013

Quote:
AdvanceRatio:
Shatter originally did that, but they got rid of it because it was such a problem. It felt bad playing Taric because using shatter was almost never the right decision. Either you buff your entire team (good), or debuff 1 or 2 people on their team (bad), unless you got extremely lucky and caught the entire enemy team in a shatter (unlikely given its tiny range).

I'm also concerned about how much of an overall nerf this will be. You now need 250 armor to reach his old aura potential. That's an absurd amount or armor to be built on a support.

But it's pretty awesome amount of armor on a Mana tank bruiser. He's a lot better suited to jungle/toplane due to the huge damage his passive puts out now. With a RoA, Cata, and IBG I was doing 150 bonus magic damage per hit, doubled against champions. That really hurts, bro.