Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Que

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAznSauce

02-19-2013

So lately as I have been playing solo que i have noticed a lot of people trolling and taking other people lanes and making people dodge. If people don't dodge you end up losing the game and waste a lot of time and make a lot of people mad and these people don't get banned and continue to do this.

Ikzegkaas

02-19-2013

Riot really tries to keep the testing environment for those with the right purposes. Just report them as you would do on the live client and those trolls will get banned. Riot is harsher on the PBE if you compare it to the Live servers, since they want to keep it clean.

Wards win games

02-19-2013

Quote:
IAznSauce:
So lately as I have been playing solo que i have noticed a lot of people trolling and taking other people lanes and making people dodge. If people don't dodge you end up losing the game and waste a lot of time and make a lot of people mad and these people don't get banned and continue to do this.

Where I can understand the frustration, you have to also keep in mind lane is irrelevant for testing, as is your win to loss ratio.

Report the trolls, and try to enjoy your games through them! Not typing back is usually the best course of action, second only to that awesome little ignore button.
Slowly but surely they will be removed.

ploki122

02-19-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
Where I can understand the frustration, you have to also keep in mind lane is irrelevant for testing, as is your win to loss ratio.

Ok... I'm just plain tired of hearing that fallacy...

Do you honestly think that how the game goes (before it even starts) is irrelevant to testing? Do you really think that if I main ADC, Support, Mid, and Top, but I end up in the Jungle, I will be certain of the intricacies of such a role (what is hopable by what skill, leash ranges, what is the default smite cd in case the Spectral wraith doesn't work).

Next, I'm one of those idiotic person who thinks that it is way easier to test in a calm and smooth environment... And I don't consider duo mid, 1 top, 1 afk and jungling support (since I chose to take smite because other 4 wouldn't) a calm and smooth environment. When you have 2-3 persons yelling at each others' face and QQing that everyone is doing badly but them. Honestly, it's pretty hard to focus on anything at all in such games...

So yes it's a test server, but being a complete dick is a hindrance to such tests.

Next, I can understand it's a test server, but are tests that only thing that has to be done on test servers? I honestly don't think so... I believe that if I create an account on here, I think I should have the choice, at any given time, to play or test. Right now, since there are no prerequisites at all, we can be paired with 2 trolls, 1 persons "testing" (read as troll who uses "testing" as an excuse to stack boots), 4 serious players/testers, and 2 persons who have the skill of a level 15. Honestly, I think that reaching level 30 and having at least 25-50 wins (at level 30) should be a prerequisite to join... Sure I don't care if they're bad... but there is a ****ing mile between a bad level 30, and a good level 3... That mile is called knowledge... and in my opinion, knowledge is needed to test... and knowledge is reflected in plays.

So yes, it's a test realm, but no we shouldn't be limited to tests, and no, I don't think that dodgers/leavers/AFK/trolls/etc. have no effects on test... No matter how much good will you have.