Can't connect to games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Tarly

02-19-2013

So this started yesterday and here's what's happening. I go into a queue and select my champ and blah blah. The game starts and nothing happens... the window minimizes and when when I open it, it has an error that says "Game is still in progress". I try closing the window to exit the game and reconnect and I can't reconnect. Every time I click the reconnect button, the window minimizes and nothing else happens. Since this started happening last night, I reinstalled the client, restarted my computer and have waited 5 or 6 hours between trying again.

Can anyone help? I'm starting to have withdrawal

edit: I went to the Wrenchman's Toolbox post and followed the instructions for having done a recent system restore and that didn't help. I also checked the firewall and updated my DirectX install like it said...

StillBased

02-19-2013

Same issue here, someone help ;(

hirc

Recruiter

02-19-2013

I made a thread about this also; bump for help!

Sam Tarly

02-19-2013

I'm glad it's not just me... I just feel bad for the teams that have to go 5 v 4 because of it

Sam Tarly

02-19-2013

bump

I hate EDLwords

02-19-2013

i need help too

Léó

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Was going to make my own post on this... But i'll add to yours I guess.

Sadly, once again I have a problem. Ill start from the beginning I guess.
I can get into matched games fine, pick my champion, summoner spells, runes and masteries. But when the countdown hits 0 the game down bars and never launches the loading screen.
From here I log out and try to log in again and it brings me to the “You have left a game would you like to reconnect” I click the “Reconnect” Button and it just down bars again.
This also goes for spectator mode as well. It brings me to the LOL home screen and says “Game is still in progress” with no other options but to log off, down bar the game, friends list, chat room, and notifications.

What I have tried so far:
Run the repair
Restart Computer
Restart Game

Anyone else with the problem
Any suggestions?

NKL2K2

02-19-2013

I am also having this problem.

Since the last patch I have been having trouble opening my LoL. First, after clicking the main Play button, the login screen would no open. I have fixed this by re-patching. Now that I can actually login, when ever I start a game, champion select works as normal, I chose my champion, then when the game goes to load, it minimizes, and leave a tab at the bottom, which when opens says "Game still in progress" I have search the forums for answers to this and have found threads with the same problem. I have tried disabling my firewall & antivirus. I have re-patched, and repaired, but this problem is still happening.

The only thing left to do is a complete reinstall of LoL, but as this game is a huge to download, I would prefer to find a way to fix this problem.

Léó

Recruiter

02-19-2013

I really don't want to wait anymore... thinking about doing a complete re-install of the game.

Sam Tarly

02-19-2013

I started the re-install a few minutes ago. Will let you know if that fixes it