Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Ratio on Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFactotum

02-19-2013

Hey Riot
I don't know if your going to put the AD ratio back on Alpha Strike, seeing as it was removed in the most recent PBE patch, but I would like to see it return. I personally feel that the change made logical sense with Master Yi's concept. Yi's high AP ratios cause him to be considered a mage, despite him filling the Melee AD Carry role. Not sure what's going on with Yi right now, but would love to know.

Shivaru

02-19-2013

Very much agreed.

dogbiter

02-19-2013

they could atleast update his AS per level

i mean, compared to vayne the RANGED carry.

vayne 4.5

yi 2.9!! wtf

vApexPredator

02-19-2013

it was a bit strong..ad scalling magic damage on a hyper carry.. build armor? nukes ur team with his q, build magic resists..dunks to high hell

Shivaru

02-19-2013

Quote:
vApexPredator:
it was a bit strong..ad scalling magic damage on a hyper carry.. build armor? nukes ur team with his q, build magic resists..dunks to high hell
Considering the state of the metagame right now, I don't think it would be so bad. Most people just stack HP, so I'm not sure how much it will matter if it is dealing physical or magic damage. The AD ratio needs to be small though, or this could potentially get out of hand. A part of me wishes the AP ratio was just removed from the skill and that it dealt physical damage, but AP Yi has become popular so this would disappoint some players.

TheFactotum

02-19-2013

Quote:
vApexPredator:
Agreed it's largely the same situation that darius has on his passive. AD magic damage is just off. I wonder what would happen if they changed it to physical damage. I really don't see AP Master Yi as any kind of sacred cow, as if Master Yi was newly released champion he'd have much greater focus in design.

vApexPredator

02-19-2013

Quote:
TheFactotum:
Agreed it's largely the same situation that darius has on his passive. AD magic damage is just off. I wonder what would happen if they changed it to physical damage. I really don't see AP Master Yi as any kind of sacred cow, as if Master Yi was newly released champion he'd have much greater focus in design.

i think the ratio was good but then yis could stack thirsters and blades of the ruined kings to be sustain gods with crazy nukes you can do nothing about

dogbiter

02-19-2013

k instead of a ratio make his passive every 5 hits instead 7

Shivaru

02-19-2013

Quote:
vApexPredator:
i think the ratio was good but then yis could stack thirsters and blades of the ruined kings to be sustain gods with crazy nukes you can do nothing about
If the damage was physical instead of magic i think it would solve this issue. Alpha strike has an AP ratio of 1.0, I believe that it had a 1.0 AD ratio on the PBE as well. AP Yi might have 600 - 700 magic damage at the end of a game, but AD yi will only have about 300 - 400 AD damage late game. His q won't hurt like AP Yi's, he will need multipliers to be effective like any other AD Carry. The need of multipliers like attack speed and critical strike will take away from his opportunity to build raw AD. Not to mention that alpha strike puts him in the middle of the fight, and AD Yi can't tank with meditate like AP Yi.

Diabolic Jungler

02-19-2013

Quote:
dogbiter:
they could atleast update his AS per level

i mean, compared to vayne the RANGED carry.

vayne 4.5

yi 2.9!! wtf

It's low because his Ult and E.