Ien'trae ~ Death's Alure

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ira Nibanabane

02-19-2013

I've been under the opinion that the League needs something that can play vastly different roles, but without the ability to really be a hybrid between them. I believe this character fills just that space.
The goal was that she's meant to be effectively built as either an AD assassin/caster or a support focusing on crowd control above all.

Ien'trae ~ Death's Alure
ien'(like in the name Lien) trae(tri)

~Ability Details~
Health: 420 (+84)
Health regen.: 10 (+1.2)
Mana: Manaless
Mana regen.: n/a
Range: 125
Attack damage: 54 (+3.1)
Attack speed: 0.668 (+3.0%)
Armor: 15 (+3.8)
Magic res.: 30 (+1.25)
Mov. speed: 350

~Abilities~
Innate: Desolation Aura- Champions around Ien'trae have healing and regeneration effects nullified and suffer an additional .25 second duration on all status effects. (Healing and regeneration effects are halved for Ien'trae.)
Range: 200 radius

Q: Cursed Wave- Physical Damage: 50/70/95/125/160 (+.3 Bonus AD)
Reduces Armor of damaged units by 5/7/9/11/13 (+.1 per AP) for 4 seconds
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds

Unleashes a grey mist-like wave from her scythe damaging all enemy units in front of her (debuff applied after damage).
Range: 750
Projectile Width: 200
Projectile Speed: 1800

W: Alure- Releases 3 pink whisps in a cone in front of her (1 centered, 1 at each edge), charming up to 3 units.
Charmed enemies walk harmlessly toward her for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds (+0.0025 sec per AP). Each additional charm projectile landed adds 1/2 base duration. (To land all 3 on a single target, you'd have to be essentially close enough to kiss them [100 or lower range from the target])
Cooldown: 30/28/26/24/22 seconds
Range: 800
Projectile Speed: 1500
Cone Width: 45 degrees

E: Shadow Step- Ien'trae teleports to target location silencing enemies within a 150 range radius for .5 sec (+0.005 sec per AP)
Range: 650
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
On appearing, the affected area bursts with a grey mist and Ien'trae seems to take form from a thin black spire.

R: Visions of Eternity- Ien'trae summons a phantom of Death that sweeps its own scythe in a circle around her, damaging enemies and fearing them for .5 sec (+0.0025 sec per AP)
Radius of Effect: 350
Physical Damage: 200/300/400 (+1 per Bonus Attack Damage)
Cooldown: 90/80/70

Alternate option- R: True Death- If the player chooses not to obtain Visions of Eternity at all through leveling up, upon reaching level 18 this ability will unlock as True Death and this ability will instead deal 400 True damage (+0.8 per Bonus Attack Damage)

~Lore~
It was odd for Ien to have two parents with such great wanderlust, made all the more strange that they were both from Ionia, but only first met in Piltover when Ien's mother was protecting her father after a misunderstanding of gestures. The two fled the town and, with nothing else to do, started to talk as they began their trip to anywhere.
They found common ground, at first, in their common interest in ancient relics and after that, everything. It was as though they'd known one another their entire lives and they intended to make up for any lost time. The couple returned home to Ionia to marry. They had a daughter and taught her everything they knew, but they were always on the move. Their daughter didn't share their sense of adventure, but was nonetheless made to accompany them fir their ideal of an adventuring familly.
The girl was smart, brilliant even. Her understanding of magic and martial techniques came almost naturally, but she had a connection to magics that were beyond the modern arts. She felt the magic in relics her parents had collected over the years, just parts and fragments, but even if the most accomplished mages couldn't sense it, she knew it was there unfading. Her parents encouraged her to persue it, but all she ever found of it was broken fragments in their travels. That was until her parents decided to take her to the Shadow Isles for her eighteenth birthday.
The moment they were dropped on shore she felt the magic calling almost overwhealmingly and the familly followed it excitedly into the depths of the largest Isle. The band had to fight to kill against the creatures here, even the practiced skill of her parents wasn't allowing them to proceed with their normal stun and run tactics. After two days, they finally reached the place that the girl had sensed from the shore, but they had scarcely the time to look at the ruins before they were surrounded by beasts that dwarfed everything they'd thusfar encountered. Some of the beasts were about to land finishing blows on her parents and she cried out, only to find that everything had frozen.
A voice spoke to her, telling her to become it's avatar to save her parents, she agreed, anything to save her familly. In an instant she felt power surge over her and guide her to slay the beasts before they had made another move, but she knew the price she paid.
Time resumed and the couple looked in astonishment at the girl.
"D-did you do that?" the man stammered.
The girl nodded. "You should get back to the coast," she said with a faint smile.
"Y-yea, I don't think we'll be taking anymore aniversary trips here."
She guided them back to the beach and watched as their boat took them away.

Her fate was sealed. Stricken from the records of time, she had just one purpose left, deliver the fallen to her master. However, some choose to avoid fate and patient as his hand is, Ien's master felt it was time to hasten the process. The League of Legends was just a convinient formallity.

Ira Nibanabane

02-20-2013

League Judgement:

Observation:
She's calm, the air she holds is impossible to place. It's not a composure of effort or taught attitude, nor is she arrogant or calculating. She is simply ready to face what is ahead and we can only question if she considers this a matter at all.
The girl seems out of place; barely a woman, dressed in an attire that can only be assumed, at least, centuries old. She is delicate looking and pretty, the kind of girl you may expect to be choosing from many willing dance partners, not how to end a life. Her eyes do more to complicate her being than solidify an opinion of her. While her face bares an ever-so-slight smile, her green eyes seem cold and dead; as though light itself cannot escape her to bring a sparkle to them.

Reflection:
It was odd for her to have two parents with such great wanderlust, made all the more odd that they came from Ionia and only first met in Piltover when her mother was protecting her father after a misunderstanding of gestures. The two fled the town and, with nothing else to do, started to talk as they began their trip to anywhere.
They found common ground, at first, in their common interest in ancient relics and after that, everything. It was as though they'd known one another their entire lives and they intended to make up for any lost time. The couple returned home to Ionia to marry. They had a daughter and taught her everything they knew, but they were always on the move. Their daughter didn't share their sense of adventure, but was nonetheless made to accompany them for their ideal of an adventuring familly.
The girl was smart, brilliant even. Her understanding of magic and martial techniques came almost naturally, but she had a connection to magic that went beyond the modern arts and she became more and more interested in old spells; spells that pre-dated even the Noxian necromancy said to preserve their greatest warriors to continue to fight even after death. She could feel the remnants of this magic on some of the relics her parents had collected throughout the years, but they were just parts. These spell fragments felt as though they were only perhaps a nail on the smallest toe of some great beast. They had taken to relics, which she felt the magic on, to the most accomplished magi they could, but they could sense nothing; she could always sense it though, it was unfading to her. The girl's parents never let the mages discourage her, they believed in her impossible knowledge and said they'd help her figure out the source. It would be an adventure.
Over the following years, the girl would find more of these strange artifacts and, though they never seemed to be able to get any closer to the origins of the magical presence, the girl started to enjoy this way of life. It was always exciting, and the more dangerous experiences allowed her to test spells she'd been working on and tweeking. It wasn't until she was seventeen that she finally learned the truth of what she had always felt were spells.
Her parents took her to the Shadow Isles for their latest adventure. The trip was long planned and a sort of gift to her. She would turn eighteen there, just so she might be able to boast of coming into adulthood in such a place. The familly would explore near the coast for three days, then rendezvous with their transportation home on the fourth, her birthday.

When they set foot on the Isles at their landing point, the girl felt a power call out to her, almost overwhelming, but unmistakably familiar. She told her parents and they decided to forgo their original plans to instead seek out the source. It was a terrible journey and the trio fought through the wilds of the Isles for two days. Accomplished mages and trained to fight, over years facing wild beasts during explorations, even the girl's parents had to fight to kill against these creatures. They normally used stun and run tactics to simply go past anything in the way, but these beasts would not be disabled for long. Their travel time was hindered, but finally they found it; a giant stone archway stood before them, a strage slab of stone with text carved into it was set as the keystone. They'd hardly had time to examine the structure, however, for they were soon surrounded by beasts that dwarved everything they had come across thusfar. Her mother was trying to cast a spell at one as another came to attack her from behind. The girl's father moved to intercept the attack, but it was clear he would be no deterrent. She cried out in fear for them and took a step toward them as if to help her parents, but she found everything had come to a standstill.

Become my avatar and I shall help you save them
A voice boomed in her mind.
"On what conditions?" she asked, her body was shaking in fear, though for a moment she found it odd she was able to move, though nothing else did.
What choice do you believe you have?
She knew the voice was right, and she consented.

A strange energy surged through her; suddenly she knew spells she'd only imagined possible. She knew she held a power that was both a salvation and a danger. The power consumed her body and she was suddenly in thirteen places at once, behind every attacking beast. With another surge of power she summoned thirteen black scythes to her hands and tore through every beast in one multiple strike, though through it all, none of it seemed odd. It all felt very natural.
Time resumed for her and the beasts fell, the man and woman stood confused. Then the man finally turned to face the girl.
"D-did you do that?" the man stammered.
The girl nodded. "You should get back to the coast," she said with a faint smile, though she was overcome with sadness. She knew already what she'd given up to save them, but she had no regrets, "It's dangerous to be this far inland."
"Yea," the man said, seeming to have calmed down a bit, "I don't think we'll be taking anymore anniversary trips here."

She guided the couple from the forest and waited with them until their boat came to take them away. As soon as they left her vision, the voice came to her,
There are those who would try to evade me, those who redirect my presence in this land to those stones. They believe me sealed. You will see their ends come to pass as they should...
"Will I be able to see them again," the girl asked passively.
When their time comes in their late years, I will allow you to see their passage.
She cried one last time, standing on that tainted beach, but smiling faintly with satisfaction that the couple would not meet their end for a while yet.

She felt herself striken from the records of time and after she finished weeping, still carrying her faint smile, she carried her form into her new home territory as the world faded to gray around her.

"Why do you want to join the League...girl?"[fear] The strained question came as the reflection chamber came back into view. The voice tried to uphold some authority, but it was obviously off.

"Ien'trae will suit your need for my name. Don't worry, nobody can remember the name of a girl who never was." Though she spoke it a manner almost condecending, there was no emotion behind her words, it was just statements to her.

"Why do you want to join the League, Ien?" [aggitation]

She let out a short breath, a sigh? It was hard to tell. "I've been sent to collect dues from some members of your League for my master. He thought this to be the most civil route to take. He is quite patient."

"How does it feel to expose your mind?"

At this she laughed, a quiet sort of disbeliving laugh. "What do you think you've exposed, but the fabrication of a girl's life; a girl you can't even name?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

In addition to filling a gameplay role choice, I thought it time to introduce someone directly opposed to the vast undead populace of the League.
If it wasn't clear, Ien'trae's master is Death himself, which is why she's being sent to collect dues (the souls of the undead).

ValorAndGlory

02-22-2013

Alright here is the problem that I see here, your champion look to much copy and paste, and with the exception of your e and r she has two cones.

Try making the ability just a little more different from ones we have seen in game, like I dunno how about W is set up like this, Ien'trae releases three beams of energy that latch on and cloud the minds of near by enemies, Ien'trae tethers the three nearest enemy within 500 units of herself if these enemies stay tethered for 3 seconds they are charmed and walk harmlessly toward her.

Also, as I know to well, not many people would like a champion that has an ability that effects everyone but them negatively. So you might want to change her passive.

If you need inspiration on ability ideas just ask any of the people that have champion review threads.

Ira Nibanabane

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorAndGlory View Post
Alright here is the problem that I see here, your champion look to much copy and paste, and with the exception of your e and r she has two cones.

Try making the ability just a little more different from ones we have seen in game, like I dunno how about W is set up like this, Ien'trae releases three beams of energy that latch on and cloud the minds of near by enemies, Ien'trae tethers the three nearest enemy within 500 units of herself if these enemies stay tethered for 3 seconds they are charmed and walk harmlessly toward her.

Also, as I know to well, not many people would like a champion that has an ability that effects everyone but them negatively. So you might want to change her passive.
I'm not sure how you mean the Q and W are copy and pasted, the W is purposely meant to act like Ahri's Charm, but without the damage, and the Q is a maybe most closely related to Ezreal's Essence Flux, without the extended range and with the ability to hit minions.

As for the passive, the not effecting her was meant for the regeneration and healing, but I can see how that would be a bit off too, it's been changed, I think the change is sufficient. Also, the W has a bit more information now.

ValorAndGlory

02-22-2013

I am sorry I wasn't clear about what I meant and how it could be interpreted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Nibanabane View Post
Innate: Desolation Aura- Champions around Ien'trae have healing and regeneration effects nullified and suffer an additional .25 second duration on all status effects. (Healing and regeneration effects are halved for Ien'trae.)
Range: 200 radius
People will hate on you for this period, regardless of who it works on or doesn't, as long as your own team is effected. If you want a case in point look up my champion Onis, everyone hated the idea that her abilities were global and effected everyone equally, I am excluding her ult in this.

Ira Nibanabane

02-23-2013

If your abilities were global with effects that went to everyone, I can understand, but this is a 200 range aura, so it should really only be affecting who she's attacking, if her teammates decide to stand around her like they're huddling for warmth, then they'd be under the effect, but it shouldn't really matter to them that much, just have to be a little more careful in positioning; very little more careful.

Ira Nibanabane

04-27-2013

Bump for necroi...I mean feedback!

Ira Nibanabane

04-30-2013

Bump for any feedback o_O