Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blade of the Ruined King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

02-19-2013

Can you give it back the healing for 2% of their current health it has on live (well, half of 4% premitigation)?

That was its niche in live - because you healed more the more health they had, it made lifesteal true to <Insert Riot Name>'s claim that it is an anti-health statistic.

Eyrgos

02-19-2013

I think the point is that it made it too OP against health stacking, you already have a 15% max health execute on it now, and can peel a tanky character like nobody's business with it + poke poke poke with AS.

Grammatizator

02-19-2013

keep it as it is. As much as I liked it, it was healing for way too much.

xxSylphxx

02-19-2013

The version in the beta environment is one of the most generic items I've ever seen. It's stifling to AD carry diversity...
It gives you a bit of attack speed, a bit of damage, a bit of life steal, a bit of peel, a little burst, and a bit more damage against tanks. WAY too generic and all-round to be an interesting addition to the game.

Double so when the current (live) blade of the ruined king is such a strategic item to buy. I swear, runaans / onhit builds will die if this change makes it to live, diversity will suffer, and Black cleaver + bruiser teams will get a little stronger...

Noric

02-19-2013

I like this iteration more than the last one. Less damage per hit and sustain per hit than BT but higher dps and the burst on the active is huge. Good against hp stacking and also a bt alternative for champs that like as more than ad.

I do feel that a combination of lifesteal amd onhit sustain would be more functional because of the passive - but this iteration is not bad.

Alpha Shenron

02-19-2013

I hate the nerf to this item. It's huge...You take it from essentially 30% pre armor lifesteal to 15% post armor lifesteal. and nerf the active until you reach 2000 health, for which it's even 300 dmg

Noric

02-19-2013

Quote:
darklight5:
I hate the nerf to this item. It's huge...You take it from essentially 30% pre armor lifesteal to 15% post armor lifesteal. and nerf the active until you reach 2000 health, for which it's even 300 dmg

Dont forget that crit works with lifesteal. I would prefer like 8% lifesteal and like 10% like last iteration

Kontossis

02-19-2013

Quote:
Noric:
Dont forget that crit works with lifesteal. I would prefer like 8% lifesteal and like 10% like last iteration

In no way crit makes it so that the previous 30% life on hit is worse than the current 15% life steal. It's a straight up nerf.

Noric

02-19-2013

Quote:
Kontossis:
In no way crit makes it so that the previous 30% life on hit is worse than the current 15% life steal. It's a straight up nerf.

Oh absolutely a nerf - but it was a needed nerf because the numbers on that 30% were stupidly strong. Having at least some lifesteal instead of onhit heal is better for ADC's than for bruisers(who are obscenely strong if you give then a 30% ad onhit heal) because of the crit. Anyway - I think that the sustain is currently pretty weak - so it could handily get a 20% buff and become hybrid onhit + lifesteal without becoming op.