Nami's Mana Costs are Too High

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tellysavalas

02-19-2013

I've had Nami since launch, the recent sale inspired me to try a Nami experiment today. I ran a few mana regen yellow/blues in runes, 3 pts in utility mana regen mastery, purchased a philosopher's stone, shard of true ice and mikael's crucible as priority items, and ended up still running out of mana constantly in extended team fights. She desperately needs her mana costs lowered or base regen vastly increased, it's really absurd how bad it is. Unless they patch that aspect of her kit, I'm keeping her parked on the bench.

tldr;
http://i.imgur.com/rjBXK0S.jpg

Sonkaisin

02-19-2013

I agree, I know i'm no pro, but when I play nami its a real chore to have the mana for longer poke/teamfights, i find myself being forced to recall a lot, or snag a blue, she still isnt hurting as bad as janna though imo lol

RadiantPyrophore

02-19-2013

The rent is too damn high.

Dark Kuno

02-20-2013

The answer to Nami's mana issues are the same as they are for any champ with moderate cost abilities on relatively short cooldowns.

Chalice fixes them. And Shard+chalice completely address her mana problems. Especially with the chalice building into Crucible. Both items are exceptionally well suited to mana based supports and can have significant impact on a team fight.

Crimson5pheonix

02-20-2013

You know, I stop having that problem with Nami after I get my grail.

ASYLUM101

02-20-2013

The only cost she has that's "too high" is her heal, everything else is manageable. With that said, her heal actually heals nicely, since it's a low cooldown sustain as opposed to taric/soraka's burst heal which have near 20 second cooldowns AND high mana cost. On top of the sustain, she gets poke.

I'm not saying you're bad, I'm saying I don't agree completely. I have played her a few times, she's my favorite support, but I don't main support. However I found that a philo + chalice and my mana was just fine.

Bombkirby

02-20-2013

I agree. The opposing support can endure and spam so much more than Nami. And her kit has no way to refund mana like Soraka's Infuse or Taric's passive.

GiottoXIII

02-20-2013

I don't agree i only run out of mana when i've spammed my ebb n flow like 6 times straight... nami is my main support for both ranked and pub games and i have literally 0 problems with her mana costs other than the occassional aggressive bot lane

Dark Kuno

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
I agree. The opposing support can endure and spam so much more than Nami. And her kit has no way to refund mana like Soraka's Infuse or Taric's passive.

Soraka cannot infuse herself. Taric's mana regain requires him to melee, which is highly situational as support since meleeing creeps can push the lane and potentially screw up your carry's last hitting.

Just build chalice. Seriously, if fixes her mana issues caused by spamming and builds into a powerful support item later.

IonDragonX

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post
Taric's mana regain requires him to melee
Taric's passive is being rewritten by the way. He will stack flat mana, now.