Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replay Bugs Thread (2-19-2013)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponies

QA Analyst

02-19-2013

Hello everyone!

I'm Ponies, the QA for the Watch Team, and I wanted to help aggregate all of the bugs in one thread. I will also be constantly updating this thread with bugs found and will be responding to as many reports as I can.

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
BUGLIST/FEEDBACK LIST:

1) Ping icon is there, but doesn't do anything (I was told it was taken from spectator, so this is still here)

2) Chat is disabled, probably intended?

3) Sometimes when you use the replay last 15 seconds, graphical effects from previous effects (prior to those 15 seconds) spring up all over, causing momentary lag

4) If you have a replay up when you attempt to start a game, it glitches, it won't load your game, you have to leave and attempt to reconnect, and even that doesn't appear to work sometimes - I had to restart my client to get into my game.

5) When I watch a replay, it requires me to restart the client before it appears in my Replay Browser.

I'll be editing this if I discover more. This is the same/similar list as on page 1 of the Replay Thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3125519

If anyone needs to look up a replay, go ahead and check out my account, WerewolfTrey, my last 3 games in match history should be able to be watched as replay.

1) The ping button, as a spectator, was not a feature that was heavily used and was not critical to the spectator experience. The minimap for spectators is currently being refactored and this should be resolved soon.
2) Although chat can be useful for possible future implementations, it is currently disabled by default. This is similar to spectator chat being disabled on first use. You may enable chat in the Interface Visibility options but it does not have much functionality
3) This is currently an issue we are witnessing in spectator mode. It is a very complex issue regarding some particles and cleaning up these particles when using time controls but we will be polishing this process prior to replay launch
4) This should be resolved when we implement replay watching states. This is currently only possible when you alt tab out of the game and click on the system tray icon to open the air client. Blocking any actions from the air client should resolve this issue.
5) This was a bit hard to reproduce but I think I finally have a solid repro. We will work to resolve this very soon.

Quote:
Wagons:
1. You can give your replay names long enough that they roll on each other, however it will not save the name and give you an error.

2. Murderbridge is labeled as tutorial and normal even though it was ARAM.

3. When watching the replay, it will not end itself and continue to play after the nexus explodes.

1) I have not been able to reproduce this. If you can send a screenshot, that will help us out a lot We are planning to limit the amount of characters you will be able to type, when renaming.

2) This is going to be worked on as one of the higher priority bugs and should be resolved soon.

3) I am not sure what you mean by this. Can you provide steps to reproduce this behavior?

Quote:
Daedelous:
Name: Drag and Drop not working
Type: Platform
Rating: Major
Desc: The drag and drop feature described for adding new replays passed from a friend does not work. Has been tried on any general place on the AIR client and in the Replay Browser itself.

Repro:
1. Get a new replay, from another source
2. Open AIR client
3. Try to drag and drop, it will not let you

I have not been able to reproduce this. The only time this behavior occurs is when you already have that replay in your browser. Can you try clearing your My Documents/League of Legends/Replays/ directory and try drag and drop again?

We are currently working on improving drag and drop and have a few bugs known like the bug with attempting to drag and drop but canceling the action. I will update soon when we have some fixes into the newer build.

Quote:
Zerglinator:
While a champion is selected, pressing spacebar will cause the camera to only follow champions--even when you select manual camera, the manual camera will not work. Pressing Esc and then returning to game fixes this.

This has been prioritized higher to help navigating through champions easier, especially with LCS using spectator heavily.

Quote:
gintsu:
I was testing out the new replay function everything seemed to work great but when I clicked the jump back 15 seconds the game crashed and I got a bug splat error. It seemed to work when I had clicked the jump back button previously but for some reason it crashed the second time.

Small edit it seems to crash when I have it in slow motion and I go backwards into the video. As far as i can tell it happens at random. I say random because it does not always happen when i'm playing the replay in slow motion and rewind it only some of the time.

As we iterate and add changes to the game builds on PBE, we will be seeing some issues with previous versions. We will be resolving this prior to launch to support previous versions.

ElRemino

02-19-2013

Thanks for making it a sticky, Ponies! Hope you guys fix these bugs soon.

~ASVP

Wagons

Huntsman

02-19-2013

Quote:
1) I have not been able to reproduce this. If you can send a screenshot, that will help us out a lot We are planning to limit the amount of characters you will be able to type, when renaming.

2) This is going to be worked on as one of the higher priority bugs and should be resolved soon.

3) I am not sure what you mean by this. Can you provide steps to reproduce this behavior?

For issue 1 I basically got 123456789 on my clipboard and held down ctrl+v for a while until it happened. See screenshots for results.

For issue 3 I'm not sure what causes it, have only seen it in an ARAM for which I still have the replay if you would like me to upload anywhere. In the screenshot I let the game run for 1 minute more than it should have. (30:08 instead of 29:07)

Ponies

QA Analyst

02-19-2013

Ah, yes. This is an error we are currently looking into. The timer basically does not stop at the end of the game for replays and we will hopefully fix this shortly.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

02-19-2013

Quote:
Ponies:
5) This was a bit hard to reproduce but I think I finally have a solid repro. We will work to resolve this very soon.

It was an issue when we first received Replays where after you watched a replay, it wouldn't immediately appear in your replay browser. You had to restart the client before it appeared in your Replay Browser (in the game client).

Have you guys noted the issue where you can be stuck over a champion even in manual mode? It was also in the thread these are from, I think I even commented on it.

By the way; thanks Ponies for all your hard work. Appreciate it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Zerglinator:
While a champion is selected, pressing spacebar will cause the camera to only follow champions--even when you select manual camera, the manual camera will not work. Pressing Esc and then returning to game fixes this.

I believe that is what I mean about the stuck over a champion even in manual mode.

P.S. The chat issue I had was without it, I had to alt-tab just to be able to reply to anyone's messages I received.

Ponies

QA Analyst

02-19-2013

Thanks WerewolfTrey I added it to our list

healingmonk4

02-19-2013

Dont forget about the bug where Quinn gets stuck in the wall if someone is on the other side.

healingmonk4

02-19-2013

dont forget about that bug

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

02-19-2013

Quote:
healingmonk4:
Dont forget about the bug where Quinn gets stuck in the wall if someone is on the other side.

Uh, I believe this thread is for Replay bugs, not for Quinn bugs, you should probably take that issue over here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3129776

That's the Quinn and Valor - Bug Report Thread. Try posting your bug there.

Zerglinator

02-19-2013

Other Bugs I found:

1. Whenever you slow down the speed of the replay, projectiles will disappear for the rest of the replay.

Most noticeable I've found on Ziggs (you will see the flaming particles on his bombs but not the bombs themselves whenever he throws a bomb) and Urgot (there will be a green glow in the shape of his Acid Hunter, but no missile, his Noxian Corrosive Charge will be invisible except for the acidic trail and the explosion.) No method I have found brings the projectiles back aside from exiting the replay.

2. If you skip back 15 seconds whenever something has been said in all chat, the message will be displayed again, BUT the old message will not go away.

Example: if someone says "/all gl hf" at the start of the game, then you Skip Back 15 Seconds and repeat this, the chat will be FILLED with "/all gl hf".

3. If you pause on Varus when he draws back his Q, he will play the full sound as though he did not fire his arrow.