Duo queue question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minifunk

02-19-2013

I'm not sure exactly how duo queue works. Is there an informative post about this that someone could link me to? I've received lots of duo queue requests and I'm trying to figure out how it affects league points and opponents and such.

Thanks in advance

Minifunk

02-19-2013

Anyone got any idea?

Cavo

02-19-2013

When you get matched for a game as a duo it'll avg your hidden ratings against your opponents. If you're 1800 and your friend is 1400, the other team is likely to hover somewhere around the 1600 mark unless the system can find another duo with similar ratings to yours. As for rating gains and losses, its an equation dealing with your hidden rating, your teams avg rating, and your opponents rating. If you're 1800 and win against 1600 players you may not get much out of it, although your 1400 friend might get a bunch. The flip side is if you get trolled and lose as an 1800 player vs 1600...you might be in for rude number of LP lost. There may be some things i'm leaving out, but thats the basic info with some quick analysis of my view of the risk/rewards.

Minifunk

02-19-2013

So it's the same formulas as the elo system hidden in a league point division bracket. Thanks

Cavo

02-19-2013

Yeah basically. They've been pretty upfront about it, the old system never went away. It's just more fun now.