Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Server down?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinrasaa

02-19-2013

Just a warning: Using that code (most likely a developer code) means you are forcing your way in and if it's during maintenance, it can mess up your client. Apart from that, you can be banned by using it.

B4D W0LF

Senior Recruiter

02-19-2013

:\ the more people use it the more likely they'll change it so people can't use it like they did the last time

Kathetara

02-19-2013

I wouldn't use that code to get in if I were you. Thats a developer's code which is bannable if they find out.

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Just tried this. Wow Thats so cool! But i might have to re-log to update i guess

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Quote:
Imparalite:
I wouldn't use that code to get in if I were you. Thats a developer's code which is bannable if they find out.

I saw this and just logged out. Ehh i guess ill wait for it to come back up. Anyways i really want to know if this is a violation because then why hasn't riot changed it? Any answers?

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Alright thank god i saw the possible consequences but for the 1 minute i was on for i was talking to my friend on the PBE that said he was on pbe because he was logged on PBE 30 minutes ago. Any answers?

B4D W0LF

Senior Recruiter

02-19-2013

They hadn't changed it because for the most part people manage to stop others from using it

they changed it a while ago though, because of how many people were using that code, so..

Wards win games

02-19-2013

Quote:
NotWithoutTophat:
Just a warning: Using that code (most likely a developer code) means you are forcing your way in and if it's during maintenance, it can mess up your client. Apart from that, you can be banned by using it.

You wouldn't be banned.

But, they are more likely to remove it's usage the more it is abused/spread around.

It's been around for a LONG time, I've yet to hear of a single player being banned for it's usage.
It's something THEY built into their client, you don't intentionally put things in a game then punish your players for finding it, without somehow restricting usage on the back end.
Riot just isn't that kind of company.

Cho Rong A

02-19-2013

i used the urf thing and got in....no quinn at all

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
You wouldn't be banned.

But, they are more likely to remove it's usage the more it is abused/spread around. It only works while the servers are online anywho.

Alright thanks for responding. Relieved me greatly. I thought i was going to be banned for trying it out. Anyways I feel like this will mess up your client and everything so im just gonna watch dunkey vids until its online XD