Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Forum][Suggestion] Flagged for confirmation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namora

02-19-2013

It has recently come to me with the increased activity between Rioter and Summoner, and the addition of the Huntsman, that it would be nice to know which threads have been viewed/confirmed by someone from Riot or by a Huntsman. My suggest has a two-fold benefit and is as follows: A Red flag and a blue flag, red for Riot, blue for Huntsman, that can only be activated by someone from Riot, or on the Huntsman squad.
The flag would be, as mentioned before, to confirm that a thread has been responded to by someone from Riot or a Huntsman(or in some cases, viewed). The two-fold benefit entails here: Summoners get to see how active both Rioters and huntsman our in the PBE, while also getting to see which threads still need looked into. On the flipside, Riot gets to see(if they don't already have some method like this) what's already been spotted and confirmed by a Huntsman and what is still left to do.

That's the gist of it I believe... oh wait, also Red overlaps blue flags.

Similar suggestions are welcome, this is what I do when there's downtime on the PBE... lots of theory-crafting...
~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

Wards win games

02-19-2013

I like the idea, but it wouldn't be very fair to other volunteer systems such as the Wrenchman, or Emissary's of the League.

Generally speaking we're just bug testers, the Riot flag is more for internal tracking, and quickly identifying pertinent game information.

As awesome as all of us volunteer's are, we don't have any "inside information" that would be vital to League of Legends AS A WHOLE, which is why I wouldn't hold my breathe for something like this one to be put in place.
Would be nice, but would lead to a lot of confusion (look at how people jump on even Grifftrix when he tries to make a post "from a player perspective".... people are brutal.)

<3

namora

02-19-2013

Thanks for the response, I know that it may or may not bring up issues with others like the Wrenchman, or Emissary's, but I wanted to throw the idea out there before it left on its own.
Do you really think it would look confusing? I was only hoping for this in the PBE, but I could see where it might have issues in other forums.

Also I was actually thinking an actual red or blue flag, but I understand the meaning.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

Edit 1: I didn't finish my sente-

Wards win games

02-19-2013

If it was limited to only the PBE forums, confusion concerns kinda go out the window.

It's more or less frustration, at first it seems like it would be awesome! But then you get down to the actual numbers/frequency.

Now; I can't speak for any other huntsman; but I try to read every thread that goes up. I know a few Rioters that do too.
Lately I've begun posting in every thread I see, even if it's a repeat thread. In the case that it is a repeat thread: I'm advising folks to check the main page before making new posts in italics.
This is my own persona little effort to try and clean up the sheer amount of repeat postings that go up.

So in a sense, you would see flags on literally every single post.

Now imagine if the flag was up; but a post wasn't made? Players would start to feel offended that no one weighed in on their discussion (People already feel this way in a lot of situations).

You <Could> make it so the flags needed to be manually added per thread, but that would require moderation privileges on the forums (something we are too new of a service to even think of having ATM).
Then you also get player concerns over "selectivity", which threads are receiving flags; or the general information posted being disagreed with.

A lot of players on general discussion still don't even know what we're about yet, I constantly get "Blue? wut?" questions when I post on other forums. Many make the assumption that we're full Riot employee's, when in all reality we're not even close.

Good idea, would definitely help those who "frequent" the PBE, and maybe something to consider after we've grown a bit more; but for now it's a bit to early I think. At least until there's more community involvement in the initiative and some the system has matured abit.