Why is Karma so bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigBossBob

02-19-2013

Hello all,

I've recently been starting to play competitively, and often times I will be stuck playing the support in a ranked game. I am always for trying out new champions and seeing which ones fit my playstyle best, but from what I understand, Karma is so bad that she's never played. I've seen her maybe in a game or two in all of the time I have played LoL, and according to Lolking.com Karmas win rate has always been the last one on the list by roughly 10% on any given day.

I've seen her abilities and what she can do and I am just wondering, what makes her so bad that nobody ever really plays her, and when they do, what makes her so bad?

Ferr3t

02-19-2013

No ultimate, and her skills are heavily reliant on having her mantras up. That being said, she isn't bad. She's just difficult to learn. But a person who actually knows how to use Karma... let me put it this way, if I see a Karma on the enemy team, I'm scared until I know it's a bad Karma.

Basque

02-19-2013

Karma is just trash. Some people get caught off guard by the shield, but truly, she's just awful.

Aitikian

02-19-2013

I've jungled and supported Karma, generally I have more success in Jungle she needs a lot of ap to efficiently jeopardize the enemy team. That being said as it was posted previously a well played Karma with an efficient team is deadly. If she is in back and has a high amount of AP karma + fan can be an incredible group heal, on top of that if you have say an Alistar charge Karma shield into enemy team you can output a lot of damage. She is one of the most versatile support champions and because of that most often the hardest to play which causes her to be the most miss used. That being said I've had more then one player on enemy team drop q when they see Karma.

Cavo

02-19-2013

I've seen people play really badass ap mid karma's once in awhile. But yeah, most support champs have some awesome ultimate ability to turn the tide of a team fight, she doesn't have anything like that. Also the only steroid she has is a move speed increase, which isn't really a steroid tbh. Most supports can buff their adc to do more dmg, karma can't.

Aitikian

02-20-2013

You would be surprised the speed boost can be key in chasing down fast enemy champs such and avoiding being drawn into an enemy position as well as escaping after team fights and quick ganks. And although she doesn't have a damage boost she does have a shield that can inflict ridiculous amounts of damage AoE and quickly level team fight playing fields.

I would say her greatest flaw in support is lack of stun and her greatest strength is she is the only champion with both a shield and an aoe heal.