Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

season 3 3v3 thornmail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TIMEL355

02-19-2013

I played twisted treeline today and noticed there is no way to counter a AD champ late game without a thornmail anymore. 5v5 rules do not apply in twisted treeline. In 5v5, you have 2-3 players with cc and can slow/stun the ad carry in every team fight and aim them down. In normal 3v3, you have 1 and if your lucky, 2. But at this point your already lacking damage. I destroyed vayne with Olaf early game and mid game. But once she got armor penetration and a few attack items, nothing could stop her. Trying to aim her down made us open targets. There is not enough CC in a 3v3 team to stop a AD carry and burst them down fast enough while the other 2 brusiers are destroying our team. There are lots of nerfed items in summoners rift that are in twisted treeline, like the weaker version of warmogs. PLZ put a weaker version of thornmail so we have some way of countering an AD carry. I was most of the damage on our team so i tried to build both tank and damage. Vayne aimed me down without caring about my other tank items. Plz put a weaker thornmail in 3v3 or someone tell me how to possibly stop an ad carry who has armor pen when cc is harder to come by in 3v3.

Btw, my match history doesnt look too good because I was away for a while from lol. It did make me worse but I still know a hopeless situation when I see one. There is just not enough damage + cc possible on a 3v3 team. I would be fine even if it was a weaker thornmail that costed 3500+ gold. Then every member of the team wouldnt buy one. But seriously, a AD carry has to think who to aim down first, not just click, wait, click, wait, click, ace.

Luego

02-19-2013

ADC's need to be destroyed early. If they can get farmed up, you're in trouble. You do still have Randuins/Frozen Heart as options to help shut them down though.

3 is more than enough CC to shut them down, if you choose it. Grab Malphite, ult and nuke them, then clean up. Or Mumu. Hecarim even. If you don't have HARD cc, and at least 1 exhaust, and you let it get to late game, you're screwed.

I usually consider it a freewin when I see an adc on the other team. It just requires more focussed teamfighting.

KakeManz

02-19-2013

Quote:
Luego:
ADC's need to be destroyed early. If they can get farmed up, you're in trouble. You do still have Randuins/Frozen Heart as options to help shut them down though.

3 is more than enough CC to shut them down, if you choose it. Grab Malphite, ult and nuke them, then clean up. Or Mumu. Hecarim even. If you don't have HARD cc, and at least 1 exhaust, and you let it get to late game, you're screwed.

I usually consider it a freewin when I see an adc on the other team. It just requires more focussed teamfighting.

This, there are few adcs that can make it in tt and they have to be played perfectly without a hard counter on the enemy team. Corki, ez, and vayne in that order come to mind.