So, Leona and Diana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lionant

02-19-2013

I have a few questions about them.

First off: Diana is chosen of the moon; Leona is chosen of the sun. Diana has a moon emblem on her forehead; Leona's got nothing. Anyone know why? Is that some kind of sign that Diana is more "ascended" than Leona?

Second: Someone please tell me how Leona keeps her headgear on. Is the whole thing like a crown, and the connecting bands are hidden under her hair? Or is it just straight-up magic?

Third: Not really a question, just wanted to say I can't wait for more of their story to unfold. I know it's gonna be epic. I thought it would be cool to see something develop during Diana's first Lunar Revel, but it looks like it isn't happening. Can't say I blame Riot, since I know these things take a lot of time to plan and such. I'll just put on my patient hat.

Thanks for reading.

SoresuMakashi

02-19-2013

1) Leona has her armor, which was passed down from the original sun avatar. That counts I guess.
2) No idea, but not really relevant to lore so whatever.

Lionant

02-19-2013

Leona does have her armor, but Diana has armor (presumably passed down from the moon avatar)as well, so that evens out imho. Might be that Leona not having some sort of forehead emblem means nothing, just thought I'd ask around because it seems strange that Diana has one but not Leona. And true, the second question isn't strictly lore-related, I'm just curious. It looks so awesome, I just don't know how it stays on haha

OriginalA

02-19-2013

Leona's armor isn't anything special. It is just typical Solari armor. It is her shield and sword that were passed down from the previous avatar of the sun. "She donned the golden armor of the Solari and they bestowed upon her the sword and shield passed down from the ancient sun-warrior of legend."

Of course the sneak peak for Diana shows that Solari armor hasn't really changed much and it is effectively the same design as the armor from back then. Diana obviously has an original set rather than a newer fabrication.... probably has the original avatar's sword since it is in the picture and Rakkor culture makes a big deal out of ancestral weapons.

Personally, I think Diana is just pushing for more raw power instead of control compared to Leona. It has been years since Leona ascended. She's learned control and mastery in that time. Diana pretty much just ascended and has to fight on equal footing with Leona. Diana did gain instinctive knowledge of her abilities when she ascended and Leona probably did too. Both had to have the Sun/Moon take the first step and intervene in their executions though. Leona's Judgement shows that Leona regretted forcing the Sun to protect her instead of using her own strength to serve the sun. It could very well be that Leona is making a conscious effort to power up her sun-powers only through what her personal ability allows her to do while Diana is allowing the Moon to shoulder the burden to power up her moon-powers and there by off-setting Leona's training with Diana's raw power. Presumably if Leona allowed herself to do what Diana is doing then she too would gain a glowy mark and become even more powerful. ... At least that is my personal rationalization of it. I think as far as official statements go Diana just has a glowy mark because it looks cool and started when she ascended.

Melancholy Exile

02-19-2013

While I can't tell you anything about what it truly is, we know from IronStylus that the symbol on Diana's forehead is the "Solari mark of the heretic" and that she was branded by the Solari themselves.

OriginalA

02-19-2013

Well apparently my memory sucks then. The more you know *jingle*

Lionant

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
While I can't tell you anything about what it truly is, we know from IronStylus that the symbol on Diana's forehead is the "Solari mark of the heretic" and that she was branded by the Solari themselves.
Hey, thanks for the links, I'd never seen that before. I guess I have an answer for question 1

Xulsigae

02-19-2013

But where does the power of the moon come from, if not the sun?

H3llion

02-23-2013

1. i dont think the moon sign on Diana's head means anything its just kind of there, kind of like how sun light might just radiate from Leona on her own.
2. I'd imagine Leona's crown sits there snug on her head

Xillius

02-24-2013

1. actually leona is more "ascended" than diana is. Leona was saved from execution by an immortal force, she did not do it herself. Diana had to save herself from her own death. To make it a little more clear... someone, or something protects leona whereas diana is no more special than anyone else she merely calls upon the power of the moon, which just so happens to be very strong.

2. yeah probably a crown. she has huge hair you know.

3. ehh, I guess so. I think it would only be to one extent though... the seasonal things are so riot can make extra money not do plot things! I think if they did anything special it would be for a legendary diana skin release... nothing more.