Nurf the AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
i stand by the fact if someone can 4 shot them in a combo then they dont have the right to say they are a tank, i have yet to see anything that could 4 shot a 4k HP 200 armour/MR champ
Its not a tanks job to survive, its a tanks job to tank damage and make dealing damage inconvinient as possible. 4 shots can take a long time for a noncaster and is not a small thing for casters. 4 shots is time and effort. 4 shots is plenty of time to screw your whole team over.

A tank with no tanking items is still a tank no matter how bad they want to troll as ADC unless their utility somehow scales with defense, something Ive not seen much of on any champ especially tanks

Leblonjames

02-19-2013

you just talk about a SUPER FED ap carry. he 4-shot people, theres nothing strange in that.

X74X

02-19-2013

Have you tried building magic resist items...?

Just wait til your Fizz friend has to go up against a half decent Galio. I think he'll be in for a surprise.

Fluffy1

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Its not a tanks job to survive, its a tanks job to tank damage and make dealing damage inconvinient as possible. 4 shots can take a long time for a noncaster and is not a small thing for casters. 4 shots is time and effort. 4 shots is plenty of time to screw your whole team over.

A tank with no tanking items is still a tank no matter how bad they want to troll as ADC unless their utility somehow scales with defense, something Ive not seen much of on any champ especially tanks
4 shots is being a sponge, not a tank

AricNeo

02-20-2013

Okay, I looked up your summoner name on LoLKing (website used to see matches, stats, runes, masteries, etc. of summoners and champions) and I (believe) I found the Fizz player, (as he appeared in several of your matches), and it is indeed just a case of him being a pubstomp champion. In some of the shorter (20-30 min) matches he went 7 or 12 and 0 and in longer matches he went double or triple the number of kills to the number of deaths (like 16-7 or even 26-8.) This is just him getting extremely fed early on and being a burst damage assassin. Also a contributing factor was that in the Fizz match history I could see there were not that many true "tanks" on the enemy team, so it was a combination of him getting fed, the other team not having heavy tanks, and the other team not knowing how to build against him. I hope this addresses your anecdotal reference.

As for in general, it is true that mages are strong against squishy targets, however that is their nature (usually, not all the time, there are exceptions), and as not being squishy goes against this mages are not that strong in the current meta with how strong bruisers are and how cheap and effective health is as a purchasable stat (through itemization.)

AricNeo

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
i stand by the fact if someone can 4 shot them in a combo then they dont have the right to say they are a tank, i have yet to see anything that could 4 shot a 4k HP 200 armour/MR champ

I've seen (and been once) some damn scary Nasus'. Though that's an unfair standard to judge by considering his kit.

Though realistically speaking, barring the odd time, if they counter-build and get to late game the tank shouldn't be getting 4-shot, and I mean that both as she should be able to survive as well as the enemy team shouldn't be focusing the tank...

ProPecker

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefYin View Post
Lol no I am not gay lol. I am a chick and honestly. He has played Fizz in over 100 games and nobody has been able to counter build him.

What level is he? Ill take him on proving grounds right now

GiottoXIII

02-20-2013

COUNTERS TO AP CHAMPIONS:
dodging their skills once they go on cd they're utterly useless....
BUILDING MR >.> ( SIMPLEST THING EVER)
MAW OF MALMORTIUS ( AD BRUISERS) {if damage pops a certain barrier in ur heatlh u get a free shield....}
Learning to act as a team... (tell your support to cause disruption and send in ur apc to target theirs most APC have 0 durability they melt)

Jesustim

02-20-2013

AP in general is extremely weak at the moment, the only strong AP's at all levels either try to snowball their lanes (fizz, kassadin) or they deal % damage (think elise). With how popular health stacking is, burst mages have gotten much less viable in gameplay.

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

I've yet to lose to fizz as vlad. I just rush a spirit visage and play super safe until level 9. Use MS quinces and kite fizz, only use pool when fizz lands the shark so you don't get knocked up (lol pregnant vlad).

In general neither AP, nor AD, nor warmogs need to be nerfed. People just need to learn how to play and make plays.

also, your boyfriend isn't nearly as good as you pretend he is, http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28744129. There's no such thing as a uncounterable champion.